This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The -act5 cheat, how do u get it to work

#1deadlywizard234Posted 8/7/2008 1:41:11 PM

As listed in gamespots hints and cheats section, there's a cheat where you can get a lvl 33 character in act5, a couple of questions about this.

1) First off, does this cheat still work in 1.12 (it says all cheats are confirmed working as of 1.11b, it didn't say anything about 1.12)

2) If it does still work in version 1.12, how do I get it to work considering I have windows vista. I tried to get it to work following their directions, but ran into a dead end.

#2taylorb9113Posted 8/7/2008 1:41:48 PM
..Are you trying this online?
#3deadlywizard234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2008 1:48:29 PM

No single player, I already assumed it wouldn't work online, here are the exact directions:

Target line codes

Right click on your Diablo II desktop icon. Left click on the shortcut tab. Enter the code in the target line after the quotes. make sure there is a space between each code , and a space between the last quote and first code.

These codes currently work as of the 1.11b patch.

#4deadlywizard234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2008 1:53:03 PM

No single player, I already assumed it wouldn't work online, here are the exact directions:

Target line codes

Right click on your Diablo II desktop icon. Left click on the shortcut tab. Enter the code in the target line after the quotes. make sure there is a space between each code , and a space between the last quote and first code.

These codes currently work as of the 1.11b patch.

CheatEffect-act5 Create a new level 33 character in Act5. -act3 Create a new level 21 character in Act3. -act4 Create a new level 27 character in Act4. -act2 Create a new level 16 character in Act2. -act1 Create a new level 1 character in Act1. -nosave Never saves the game. -ns No sound driver is loaded. -skiptobnet Skip directly to BattleNet login. -npl Doesn't preload anything. -opengl Uses the OpenGL graphic renderer in game. -w Opens the game in a window.

#5hunterjellyPosted 8/7/2008 2:02:05 PM
Single player only.

In the shortcut write something like this on the Target line:

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -act5

1. Create a new single player character
2. start the game
3. profit.
---
Would anyone care for some jelly?
#6deadlywizard234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2008 2:14:54 PM
THanks a bunch, I didn't see that you click on "properties" and I was typing in -act5 as the new name of a new desktop icon, because I am functionally retarded... but thanks a bunch
#7BuckEyeRPGerPosted 8/10/2008 7:42:29 AM
Hi everyone,

Ok first off are you using window's vista? and or V 1.12a? if so I have got this cheat to work. Here's how you can too.

First off you must open the file by clicking on your desktop icon ( right click it ) Then under the properties add the following line at the end of the text. It should say

" D:\Diablo II \Diablo II.exe"

Now type the following after it. hit space and type "-act5" and that's it. ( Remember to also hit apply ) Works with Barbarian, Palidain, and if your lucky like me it works with all characters.

You also must play as an admin if your using window's vista. ( I know Vista sucks ) but other than that it should work. It took me several painful tries to get it to work but alas it did. When using this cheat I build up in the Bloody Plains area for a while. I try to build my stats that I'll be using such as Iron Skin or anything like that to max. Then I return via a teleporter to the Rogue camp act 1 and play through the game like normal. Note if you use this cheat and do not wanna transporter to act 1 right away do not use teleporters till you are ready to start act 1 as this will teleport you to act 1 and you'll have to go through the game as you normally would.