This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't install the expansion......

#1killah_kodePosted 10/20/2008 5:30:18 PM
I've installed D2, but I can't install the expansion. When I try to install D2 and use the expansions CD key, it won't let me use it, and when I put in the expansion CD after installing D2, it says play Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, but when I click on it it says to put in the D2 play disc, and when I do that it just sends me to the original Diablo 2! can anyone help out?
---
"Astos? MO' LIKE YO' ASS IS TOAST!" - 8 bit theatre
#2KMartSecurityPosted 10/20/2008 5:31:51 PM
Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I had that happen to me once and that worked for me. It's a lil time consuming but a easy fix tho.
---
Pinkwood -- Or at least let people choose sex and race.
xmShake -- ^ I choose sex, when do we race?
#3killah_kode(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2008 5:46:12 PM
Just tried to reinstall, same thing happened. when it asked you to put in the CD key and I tried to put in the expansions CD key, It says I'm using the wrong CD key, and when I put in the expansion CD and try to play it, it still says "Please insert the Diablo 2 Play Disc" and it won't let me play the expansion
---
#4killah_kode(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2008 6:38:25 PM
bump. can anyone else help?
---
#5acejackerPosted 10/20/2008 6:45:00 PM
u cant play d2 expansion because u didnt install it yet.

inorder to install d2 exp u need to have the correct cd key typed in.

So make sure u r typing it in correctly. If ur reading it off the case than no reason why u cant type it in correctly.

If u wrote down the cd key on paper and dont have the original cd key on ur case than maybe u wrote it down incorrectly.
#6killah_kode(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2008 6:54:43 PM
I do, when I install D2 I can only put in the CD key for D2, not the exp, And after I download it it won't even give me a chance to download the expansion, when I put in the expansion disc it just asks If I wanna play Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, it doesn't ask I want to install the expansion
---
#7thelovefistPosted 10/21/2008 2:44:39 AM
Buy the game, don't use a hack copy.
---
Where's the beef?
#8luigi13579Posted 10/21/2008 4:13:56 AM
I think you're getting the CD keys mixed up...

Firstly, install D2 and use the D2 CD key (*not* the expansion CD key).

Then, install the expansion and use the *expansion* CD key.
#9luigi13579Posted 10/21/2008 4:17:52 AM
Hmm, just noticed you're downloading it.

Are you downloading both copies from the Blizzard website? Or are you downloading them *cough*cough*illegally*cough*cough*? :P

If it's the former, you'll need to download both and install them in order (with their respective CD keys). I've never tried that though...

If it's the latter, I'm not sure either, since you need CD keys to install it (unless there's some way to bypass them like a crack, but I wouldn't know where to get one for this particular game).
#10ILikeMePosted 10/21/2008 12:28:53 PM
I suggest getting the D2 Battle Chest. comes with Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 2: LoD, and a Strategy Guide for Diablo 2, but not one for Lod. it's really useful, though I think there are some inaccuracies in it.
---
www.iberiansngrealm.com is the place to get your fix of all things NG. This is Hitokiri Battousai, aka Ashtar Ryu, signing off