This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best assassin build for taking on hell difficulty?

#1ArvandorPosted 10/27/2008 6:11:34 AM
Topic.
---
ODMB Dot Eater
"There's THREE dimensions?! o_O WTF!!1 " -Minzoku.
#2Karl MarxPosted 10/27/2008 6:21:31 AM
Trap
---
I end threads
#3roos1046 RebornPosted 10/27/2008 6:27:54 AM
Martial Arts

---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#4Arvandor(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2008 6:28:13 AM
Ok... But what skills in trap should I focus on maxing, and which should I prioritize in maxing first?
---
ODMB Dot Eater
#5Arvandor(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2008 6:28:36 AM
Elaborate people, please?
---
ODMB Dot Eater
#6luigi13579Posted 10/27/2008 6:31:06 AM
A Martial Arts Assassin can certainly do hell difficulty, but I'd have to say that a Trapper is more effective.

Non-immunes are fine. Lightning Sentry will rip them to shreds.

For immunes, you can use Death Sentry (which has a built-in corpse explosion). You can also put points in Fire Blast if you're having problems. Still, all you need is one death in a group and corpse explosion will take care of the rest.
---
Can a first timer play this game with hard on?- wpninja
#7luigi13579Posted 10/27/2008 6:35:36 AM
Ok... But what skills in trap should I focus on maxing, and which should I prioritize in maxing first?

Lightning Sentry
Death Sentry
Charged Bolt Sentry
Shock Web
Rest in Fire Blast if you need it
Maybe a few in Claw Block if you're going dual-claw
1 in Burst of Speed (you could maybe go for Fade but I imagine you will need the Ias from BoS with low-average items)
---
Can a first timer play this game with hard on?- wpninja
#8phoenixflame95Posted 10/27/2008 10:01:45 AM
I would say the above post is best too...also Shadow Master can help you tank monsters, but yeah, Fire Blast gets synergized by all those Lightning Sentry synergies, so it can become pretty powerful, and synergizes Death Sentry. When it's maxed will do best against single lightning immune monsters, seeing as it will still only do about 2k with just 1 point invested and ideal +trap skills from gear and charms, so if you have average gear with not many +skills, I would suggest maxing Fire Blast. Even with ideal gear, it's still a great option anyways since lightning immunes are never welcome.
#9mjang3Posted 10/27/2008 10:49:12 AM
trapper with a infinity merc, or trap/ww (ghost) hybrid with a infinity merc.
#10Xpl0sivexPosted 10/27/2008 7:12:46 PM
Hybrid Sin. I made one last season and she kicked some pretty major arse. Look it up in the FAQ section.
---
Whats a Vampier? Is that like some sort of blood drinking dock? - Goonka