This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is grief really the best melee weapon?

#1bearyojoPosted 11/26/2008 12:03:58 AM
Hey guys, I just got back not long ago and obviously...things have changed a lot.
It's really hard for me to believe that grief is the best melee weapon out there, although a lot of people had said so.

So, I'm thinking about making a WW barb just for fun, should i go for a sword or an axe? Is grief really the only choice if I want to kick ass? What about a shield? I don't see many barbs with a shield nowadays...

Thanks a bunch for the advice guys, cheers.
#2davewaverPosted 11/26/2008 4:13:45 AM
yes, grief really is the best melee weapon, the damage range is what makes it great, along with the deadly strike and venom doesn't hurt

whirlwind barb your best bet is to use axes, berserker axes, grief and beast is the best combo most likely, but doom is also a useful weapon, grief is required to kick ass lol

shields are great vs certain characters, grab a stormshield and get max block and the dr and block will make you pretty great, also the phoenix runeword gives alot of damage a redemption aura which could be useful and the sanctuary runeword gives slow missiles which is fun
#3Sedated CricketPosted 11/26/2008 8:12:06 AM
Grief+Trang Glove=Better Venom when cast. Useful on a barb with enigma, cuz the fcr helps u tele faster too. Grief+Beast or Doom+Beast are your best bets. Ebotdz works well with stormshield or with beast.

Consider making a smiter or zealer if your tired of barb, as grief is a good weapon for both of those skills.

---
I hated 8, once you get to the 3rd disk the story blows and junctioning makes the game easier than a 2 dollar whore. ~ScuzzleButt
#4davewaverPosted 11/26/2008 8:16:28 AM
I wouldn't ever use ebotd in pvp. but it works pvm
#5bearyojo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2008 11:09:10 PM
so does grief colossus sword work the same as berserker axe?
#6ASHNODPosted 11/26/2008 11:15:56 PM
Best is subjective
---
I admit that I am wrong, and you are all-knowing god of the universe~OLL to me
Ashnod embodies all that is good in the world.~Poke
#7destructoclausPosted 11/27/2008 12:17:32 AM
Built a conc barb today, and so far grief is working pretty nicely for me.
---
More than 3 shakes is playing with yourself.
#8thekillerhammerPosted 11/27/2008 2:49:23 AM
all depends on what yo0ur going against for pve i prefer dual doom for pvp vs most char ill use dual doom for pvp with other barbs and some paladins ill use grief beast

but the high lvl holy feeze is just to awesome with twin dooms

leap battle cry war cry is fun as hell with dual dreams on
---
An eye for an eye only make the whole world go blind~~ Ghandi
#9KaikuroPosted 11/28/2008 1:12:29 AM
Depends on your needs, IMO.

Kickers don't like "Grief" for example, because the sextastic damage is wasted. So is the ITD, but that's a somewhat weak mod.
---
Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life - Brook Shields.
#10Dark_YelloPosted 11/28/2008 2:48:00 PM
griefz + ebodtz has been realy great to me.

honestly the best melle wep would be a 2 socet rare crafted 450 ed eth zerker ax with a fools mod and self repair (Lo Lo for 40% deadly)
---
Dd2 isnt a MMORPG it's a massive multilayer online role playing game...
Im so rich on diablo 2 that diablo farms me.