This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Socket Question

#11FrogtkPosted 4/7/2009 1:15:03 PM
Yes larzuk quest can make a flail 5os, but that's a waste of the quest for most people. Yes you can find them easily and they're common, but then again almost EVERY character uses CTA on switch, best made in a crystal sword or flail.

5os flails are worth between 3-5forum gold on e/sc/l. 3-5 forum gold being 3/10-5/10 a high rune. A lem or pul is actually a very good way to describe it's worth. Low end being around a lem, high end being around a pul.
#12jTF3ADPosted 4/7/2009 1:29:10 PM
{{{{{Sockets are capped to 3 in Normal and to 4 in Nightmare. If someone is looking for a 5 Socket Flail he should be able to find one only in Hell (that is unless he wants to waste his Socket Quest).}}}}}

hmm.. news to me. I actually don't recall 5 os flails dropping in normal.. just assumed they would. good to know :)
#13ximausPosted 4/8/2009 4:47:35 AM
Yes larzuk quest can make a flail 5os, but that's a waste of the quest for most people.

It takes very little time on Battle Net to get a Larzuk quest.
Make a new character and then ask for a free rush (or even a forge rush).
You'll have a Larzuk quest in a matter of minutes.

It's not worth a Pul.

5os flails are worth between 3-5forum gold on e/sc/l.

Says who?

Items which spawn with the max number of sockets possible for that item type are rarely worth much. However, in perspective, a Pul is worth 5 fg on e/sc/l.

Sockets are capped to 3 in Normal and to 4 in Nightmare. If someone is looking for a 5 Socket Flail he should be able to find one only in Hell (that is unless he wants to waste his Socket Quest).

I do not believe this is actually correct.
The Larzuk quest works the same way as a spawned item works.
That is, the ilvl determines how many max sockets that item can spawn with.
In Normal, 3 is the max because no monster has a high enough mlvl to spawn more.

In late Nightmare and on, 5 sockets should be entirely possible.
---
Today the flesh begets the soul as I the hand become the whole - Niazheurvei
#14luigi13579Posted 4/8/2009 5:09:13 AM
Yeah. The number of sockets an item receives isn't directly tied to the difficulty, although with the way it works out, that assumption near enough holds true. It is actually tied to the ilvl of the item that matters. The exact information is compiled in this table: http://www.brentmcclintock.net/diablo/guides/socket%20tables.aspx

Can 4 rune runeword be put into a 5 socket weapon, and leave space open, or do the spaces need to match the runeword?

No, the number of sockets has to match the number of runes in the runeword exactly, sSo you can't make a runeword with 4 runes in a 5 socket item. If you do that, the item will receive each individual rune bonus, but won't receive any of the runeword bonuses.
#15ximausPosted 4/8/2009 6:27:47 AM
The exact information is compiled in this table: http://www.brentmcclintock.net/diablo/guides/socket%20tables.aspx

According to that table, 4 socket items will appear in Normal Act 4 which is not correct.
The information for 5 sockets is correct, the information for 6 sockets is incorrect.

How did that person compile the information?
As far as I am aware, a level 26 Voulge will not obtain 4 sockets via the Larzuk socket quest.

You can use hero editor to play around with the ilvl numbers to see for yourself.
It is actually a very simple formula of base 10 I believe.
---
#16luigi13579Posted 4/8/2009 6:41:02 AM
No idea. I just assumed the information was correct.
#17ximausPosted 4/8/2009 6:52:04 AM
No idea. I just assumed the information was correct.

The rest of it very well might be as I do not have my list in front of me at the moment.
I do remember however that a level 26 Voulge will not spawn 4 sockets with the Larzuk quest.

It could entirely be that the spawning mechanism for monsters is different from the Larzuk quest.
---
#18FrogtkPosted 4/8/2009 8:07:54 AM
5os flails are worth between 3-5forum gold on e/sc/l.

Says who?

Says me, who has been on d2jsp for hours a day for the past 2 months trading my ass off getting as much fg as possible. E/sc/l, 5os flails are 3-5forum gold. Period.
#19ximausPosted 4/8/2009 9:05:00 AM
Says me, who has been on d2jsp for hours a day for the past 2 months trading my ass off getting as much fg as possible. E/sc/l, 5os flails are 3-5forum gold. Period.

People on d2jsp are willing to pay that much just to avoid the hassle of finding / making one themselves. Just because you can trade one thing for a certain amount of fg, does not mean it is indicative of actual trade value compared to other items which trade for the same value.

For instance, e/sc/l has a low Druid torch for 3+ fg.
Would you trade a low Druid torch for a 5 os Flail?
If so I'd be willing to help.

If you make a random game ladder or not and ask for a Pul in exchange for a 5 os Flail, most people will not agree that it is a worthwhile trade.

A Lem is a decent offer.
---
#20thelovefistPosted 4/8/2009 9:14:14 AM
It's amazing that a game this old could produce a topic like this with so much contradictory information.
---
Where's the beef?