This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best overall Sorc build for demolishing enemies in PvM?

#1THE SOLID SNAKEPosted 4/16/2009 12:30:54 PM
I haven't played LoD since at least 2003, so I have no clue what I'm doing. I don't plan to PvP (at least not on this character), and want a build that can easily solo and dish out damage. Any help would be appreciated
---
And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell. One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in Hell.
#2LHU2010Posted 4/16/2009 12:32:08 PM
Either Cold, Ligjt, or Fire... Your pick.
#3ChaapPosted 4/16/2009 12:42:31 PM
meteorb if you want to kill everything or straight lightning if you can afford an infinity and you're ok with relying on your merc to kill a certain number of enemies (or just ignoring them)
---
Some people are just dumb
#4jTF3ADPosted 4/16/2009 12:45:05 PM
that's a tough one.. and assuming acquiring gear isn't a problem? IMO, I would go with light sorc w/ infinity merc. I find it that pure fire or cold sorcs cannot break immunities as light immunes can be broken. A blizzardress is a close second...
#5THE SOLID SNAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2009 3:15:16 PM
Also, is pure lightning still good without an infinity runeword? I'm mostly going to solo until near the end. Otherwise I was thinking of making a CL/orb sorc
---
And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell. One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in Hell.
#6rkingPosted 4/16/2009 3:21:39 PM
Also, is pure lightning still good without an infinity runeword?

Everyone here and their dog/cat/whatever will say no, but I've been using my pure Lightning Sorceress for a year now without "Infinity" and I've had no problems. A mercenary set up well enough to kill the immunes for you works quite well. Ethereal Reaper's Toll, Guillaume's Face, ebugged "Duress" is what mine uses and I'm quite happy.
---
http://www.d2offline.info - Diablo 2 SP forums
Just because you play SP doesn't mean you can't have nice things!
#7FrogtkPosted 4/16/2009 3:35:58 PM
Yeah but half the point of an infinity isn't to break immunes, but to do insane damage yourself. If the only thing it did was break immunities, it wouldn't be nearly as good.
#8rkingPosted 4/16/2009 3:40:27 PM
I'm doing 41k @ 200 FCR right now. Everything that isn't Lightning immune seems to fall quick enough to that. Why anyone would need more is something I couldn't answer.
---
#9FrogtkPosted 4/16/2009 4:04:13 PM
Using infinity is the same reason your fcr isn't 105(or whatever is under 200) and 30k damage lightning, you want the best you can get.
#10rkingPosted 4/16/2009 4:09:16 PM
I'm not arguing that "Infinity" doesn't help, but it is certainly not needed for a Lightning Sorceress to work. Mine's a year old and Level 98, I think that's proof enough that it isn't needed.
---