This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Barbarian build to solo the game?

#1fan357Posted 4/23/2009 5:46:31 AM
I haven't played this game in a damn long time so I figured I'd go through again. Does anyone have a link that will allow my Barbarian to become the god of death?
---
Wow people will sig anything these days -HaMMeRHeaD25
Supporter of the PS360 movement.
#2rkingPosted 4/23/2009 6:45:24 AM
Does anyone have a link that will allow my Barbarian to become the god of death?

Heh, this reminds me of my most recent Barbarian.

Dual "Death" Colossus Swords (dunno about the "god" part, but this meets your request for "of death")
Arreat's Face - Um'd
"Treachery"
Lava Gout
String of Ears
Gore Rider
Highlord's/Ravenfrost/Life leech+AR ring

10x Double Swing
20x Bash
20x BO
20x Shout
20x Sword Mastery
1x Prereqs/other 1 point wonders

I found this build quite wonderful to play and was able to solo Hell /players 8, having little trouble with most PI monsters with help from a merc. Either an Act 2 with Reaper's or an Act 5 with "Lawbringer" would work here for breaking PIs. One could say just make a Frenzy build, but that skill's overused. Double Swing is fun since it's mana-free after slvl9 and with decent weapons you can get a lot of damage out of it.

---
http://www.d2offline.info - Diablo 2 SP forums
Just because you play SP doesn't mean you can't have nice things!
#3Windswars CousinPosted 4/23/2009 10:47:39 AM
rking, i dont think you get the purpose of this topic. TC clearly stated he wants the "Best Barbarian build to solo the game"
not "any fun build that can get me through hell," but the "Best" build.

claiming double swing is superior to frenzy just because frenzy is overused is a terribly stupid thing to say. you can prefer it all you want, but dont try to promote your double swing barb as the "Best" solo build
---
4tWins
#4sheepesquePosted 4/23/2009 11:04:23 AM
He never claimed it was the "best" solo build. He just offered it as a good solo build that is a lot of fun to play.

Why so antagonistic?
#5rkingPosted 4/23/2009 11:05:33 AM
1) I know how to read, if you did you'd clearly see my reply was in direct response to one of the TCs comments (he asked for a god of "death", I offered a "Death" Barbarian). I guess the idea of starting open conversation on a message board is a concept lost on you.

2) Where did I claim DS was better than Frenzy? I just pointed out something different.

3) Where did I claim my build was the "best" at anything.

4) If all you have to do in life is pick at people who try being polite you must live a sad life, I truly feel sad for you. Maybe next time you can keep your unhelpful comments to yourself.
---
#6hey9k9Posted 4/23/2009 11:20:26 AM
WW + 1 point in Berserk + 1 point in Grim Ward for crow control.

BO, Shout, Mastery.

If you don't like WW, switch for Frenzy, or concentrate.
#7Windswars CousinPosted 4/23/2009 11:28:37 AM
all you're doing is leading this topic off topic to satisfy your agenda. if TC wanted your opinion of a fun non-cookie cutter variant he wouldve asked for it, but he didnt. he asked for the best barb build. give him what he wants or nothing at all.
---
4tWins
#8rkingPosted 4/23/2009 11:34:49 AM
Uh, sorry... what agenda?

Also, until you become supreme lord and master of this forum please don't tell me what to do or what not to do. Thanks.
---
#9rkingPosted 4/23/2009 11:36:56 AM
I suppose I could follow up with the question, who died and put you in charge of what was considered "best"?
---
#10jackster26Posted 4/23/2009 11:41:46 AM
rking makes good points, someone else is a jackass. If you are so hell bent on him giving the BEST why dont you post it instead of acting, well, like yourself I guess...

Sad.

---