This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Offline Diablo 2 LoD Wealth

#1Jimmy101010Posted 5/19/2009 1:22:31 PM
I'm playing offline right now with a group of 5 friends...im excited to do everything ourselves any suggestions on how to go about playing offline i.e; leveling, Gear....is t super hard to find HR's and other things to make RW...also, how do u get wealthy offline?
#2cjnoonePosted 5/19/2009 1:36:32 PM
Save file editing.
---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.
#3armyofmonkeyPosted 5/19/2009 1:49:24 PM
You want a hammerdin or two doing pit runs, which are act 1 hell in Tamoe highlands, you want a sorc or two running hell mephy for uniques, and you want someone else running countess for runes, and later, for keys.
---
Tauren can't be a Rogue class, interesting.
#4DoomDenPosted 5/19/2009 8:25:31 PM
^Can't do Ubers offline...

That is, unless PlugY is used.

---
What color do you bleeeeed? - Carnage, Spider-Man PSX
Pokemon PLATINUM FC - 0560 2675 4596 - Name: Deii
#5JvstmPosted 5/20/2009 8:29:48 AM
You want a hammerdin or two doing pit runs, which are act 1 hell in Tamoe highlands, you want a sorc or two running hell mephy for uniques, and you want someone else running countess for runes, and later, for keys.

This guy quite obviously has no idea what he's talking about,

There's no easy way to get wealthy offline. You and your friends could farm countess for a week to get one high rune, and most of the time you'd be better off keeping your runes in the middle range and making middle range runewords than saving up for high runewords.
---
Currently Playing - Baldur's Gate, Solo Evil Dwarf Fighter
Baldur's Gate, Canon Party Half-Elf Archer
#6thelovefistPosted 5/20/2009 10:23:51 AM
DoomDen
Posted 5/20/2009 12:25:31 AM

"That is, unless PlugY is used. "

Does PlugY work with 1.12 now? Last I remember it didn't.
---
Where's the beef?
#7JvstmPosted 5/20/2009 10:28:18 AM
You ca pick up PlugY 9.00 from the Phrozen Keep

---
#8ExplopyroPosted 5/20/2009 11:09:26 AM
Define "wealth".

That said, it's not too hard to make competent characters offline if you know what you're doing. None of the so-called "elite equipment" is required to do well - in fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's easily possible to make better characters without using "high runes" and such than with them (okay, perhaps that's a bit of hyperbole but you should understand what I'm getting at).

All it takes is a bit of knowledge about the game and figuring out what your priorities are...

Of course, it's possible to obtain high runes and many of the other types of items that are in demand as well. I have several myself. However, it takes a ridiculous amount of work to obtain them legitimately and it often doesn't seem worth it to me - speaking personally I actually enjoy the game more when I don't have much "wealth" than when I do...
---
I know the answer... what was the question again?
Visit http://d2offline.info for legitimate offline Diablo II.
#9armyofmonkeyPosted 5/21/2009 8:16:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10JvstmPosted 5/21/2009 10:02:09 PM
^^

I'm not being a "wise-ass" at all. I'm simply right, and you're wrong. And I know you can do Chaos Tristram with a mod. It's called PlugY and I always have it installed.

---