This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charsi's Imbue quest reward

#1VeiledGenesisPosted 7/12/2009 11:50:31 AM
Is it worth it to save for a later use, or is there little to no benefit in holding off?
---
Too much blood in the alcohol stream.
#2gguiraoPosted 7/12/2009 11:59:12 AM
Well, waiting will get you better items to imbue and a wider array of bonuses. Still, it's just as likely that you'll get a good rare item just doing item runs. My guidelines about imbuing are: 1) Don't imbue class-specific items looking for skill bonuses; and 2) Only imbue belts that have 16 potion slots.
---
GGuirao13 USW/S/L
George W. Bush--proof against government intelligence.
#3VeiledGenesis(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2009 12:01:03 PM
Hm, fair enough. I'll wait. =P
---
#4ZorenPosted 7/12/2009 12:25:40 PM
I use imbue quests on Diadem's only.
---
Metroid DS name: Sacadam FC: 201931021467
Starcraft Broodwars: Newplayer1
#5ExplopyroPosted 7/12/2009 12:30:57 PM
The item creation level (ilvl) of the output you get from imbuing is determined based on your character's level (in fact it ends up being clvl + 5). As such, you'll generally get better items if you imbue with higher level characters, as the ilvl is more or less what determines which modifiers are eligible to spawn on the item.

It's not actually this simple, though, because all items also have a quality level (qlvl) associated with them, and if this is higher than the ilvl, it will serve instead of the ilvl to determine the modifiers (in effect, what this means is that if you use high-end elite items for imbuing, you can imbue them with a low-level character and still get very good results).

Some items (most notably, Diadems) also have a "magic level" stat that gets added to the qlvl, which ends up making them get even better modifiers than you'd normally expect (in the case of Diadems, they have an affix level of 99 irrespective of ilvl, which means they can always get every modifier in the game and are a great choice to imbue).
---
I know the answer... what was the question again?
Visit http://d2offline.info for legitimate offline Diablo II.
#6LordMessbuPosted 7/12/2009 12:33:28 PM
Imbue quest reward varies with your level, depending on your level some prefix and suffix can be obtained.

When using a diadem tho this rules doesn't apply and you can get any mod in the game from level 8.
My favorite item to imbue are indeed diadem, since they can get +2 to a class skill and up to 20% fast cast rate with resist and stats for instance.

Feels to me like it's the most worth it items to be used to imbue.

There is also this fun etheral crystal sword or etheral dimensional blade you can use, because if you can some insane nice mods, you can then upgrade your new rare sword to a phaseblade and it will become indestructable and remain etheral. Result with this tends to much harder to get a keeper tho.
---
www.carnageblender.com?specialoffer=256605
#7VeiledGenesis(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2009 1:48:59 PM
o_O Interesting. I didn't know any of this. So really, it is best to wait until much later then. Seems like waiting until Hell would be a good idea.
---
#8fan357Posted 7/12/2009 2:41:58 PM
I did that a few years back. Waited until Act 4 and I got a really good axe. Then I imbued it. Good times.
---
Wow people will sig anything these days -HaMMeRHeaD25
Supporter of the PS360 movement.
#9Kayeto5Posted 7/12/2009 4:56:48 PM
i wait til level 90.

I usually look for a Tiara or Diadem, but sometimes will settle for a pair of Vampirebone Gloves.
#10kwarantinePosted 7/12/2009 6:14:36 PM
what exactly does imbuing do? i don't remember. does it socket items?
---
GT: Menace 117
"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."--Elliot Carver