This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hammerdin Merc Advice

#1ChickenMcTestPosted 7/16/2009 3:30:54 PM
Hey guys I have a question for my Hammerdin I have been running a bunch lately and I was going to trade around to upgrade my merc. Here are the options I have been thinking of. Which do you think is best?

Act 1 Merc with Faith Bow
Act 1 Merc with Ice Bow

Act 2 Merc Prayer
Act 2 Merc Holy Freeze

Please let me know which you think is the best, and why!
#2destructoclausPosted 7/16/2009 3:55:38 PM
Act 1 mercs serve no purpose except to bm in duel games. Act 2 NM defense merc is your best bet. Eth CV insight, Eth Ral'd Andy's, and Efort.
---
More than 3 shakes is playing with yourself.
#3edHeinzPosted 7/16/2009 4:09:29 PM
in nightmare mode, act 2 defensive merc have holy freeze skill that can freeze mobs. for him, weapon : eth insight, helm: eth andy or eth gaze, body : eth forti, recomend
#4ChickenMcTest(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2009 4:47:27 PM
I guess thats true I am currently using a Holy Freeze Merc with a crappy insight and Treachery Armor.

I was really wondering if any one had experience using a Act 1 merc with an Ice Crusader Bow? How well does she work?
#5edHeinzPosted 7/16/2009 4:51:45 PM
yea, act 1 rogue w/ ice rw it also work. most cases only useful for chaos rush due to ob knight w/ iron maiden skill. but as my experience, not much better than insight merc. coz hammerdin very powerful, he just earger to regen mana very well.
#6ChaapPosted 7/16/2009 5:07:00 PM
i pretty much only use might mercs anymore, if not for any reason other than to have a merc that can do a lot of damage. holy freeze and defiance are ok but most well built and equipped characters don't need the defensive help
---
Some people are just dumb
#7JvstmPosted 7/16/2009 9:26:21 PM
Save yourself gold and get an act 1 merc.

They're MUCH more useful as they can can actually kill things, and if you give them Ice they have Holy Freeze just like defensive mercs.

Insight isn't much help at all for a Paladin, because any good Hammerdin will have one point in Redemption.

---
Currently Playing - Baldur's Gate, Solo Half-Elf Avenger
Trawl - 80 Undead Warrior, Meriph - 80 Human Paladin; Moon Guard
#8hkd_flip_tyPosted 7/17/2009 1:14:40 PM
my merc is act 2 offensive with fire/cold/ligh resist runes in it and tal helm with cv insight and he does great...
---
Call me hkd.PSN: hkd001
R2 Clan: Flawless, COD4 Clan [IRA]
#9Demon_Hunter94Posted 7/18/2009 4:45:06 PM
act2 merc (doesn't really matter which kind)

eth CA insight ( better than cv)
Eth andy's ( ral or 40-15 jewel)
Efort
---
Hunter Of Demons PSN: xKilleR94x Poke Diamond FC: 2063 4857 0672
Now Playing: Cod4, Diamond, demos