This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which bow is the absolute best in terms of damage?

#1MentaldumazzPosted 7/22/2009 12:56:47 PM
I've read a Faith GMB or Matriarchal Bow. According to this under 07 List of Bows,
http://forums.diii.net/showthread.php?t=582627
Grand Matron Bow (14-72), 43 avg
Str 108, 10 WSM (Weapon Speed Modifier)
Matriarchal Bow (20-47), 33.5 avg
Str 87, -10 WSM
Basically, having a lower WSM means you shoot more arrows right? Wouldn't that mean the Matriarchal Bow is overall best?
Also, under 08 Maximum Rates of Fire, it seems lower number is better and -10 WSM is almost half of what 10 WSM is.
I've also read something like a Strafe glitch which is something like you're shooting but there are actually less arrows damaging the enemy than is actually shown. Does weapon speed affect that?
Also, I've gotten a +1 Bow and Crossbow skills 2 socket GMB. I was just wondering what are the best +skills that a runewordable bow can give?
#25171522Posted 7/22/2009 1:01:17 PM
With a Grand matron bow and faith and enough attack speed, you can hit the same breakpoint (2.5 attacks per second) as a Matriarchal bow with much more damage. However, with Windforce at the 2.2 attacks per second breakpoint, you do more damage over time because of the higher max.

HOWEVER, because of the fanaticism aura and overall higher enhanced damage on the grand matron faith setup, if you fill your inventory with max damage charms, your max damage will become higher than with the windforce and be shot at a faster rate, so grand matron faith is ultimately the best choice. If you can't get your hands on all those max damage charms, then Windforce is the better option.

If you want me to get the math from my word document, I will. =P
---
#3yamiLuceidPosted 7/22/2009 1:26:30 PM
2.5 and 2.2 attacks per second is terrible! Can you imagine just attacking less than 3 times in a second.

Anyways, I think you're mistaking "attacks per second" with fpa (frames per second). I also believe there's no decimal for it. Because there's no such thing as half a frame. (Right?) 2fpa is the fastest attack in D2 using Strafe. Unfortunately, it's pretty buggy with ctc's.
---
I am anti-'txt tlk'. I support good grammar. Please type out your damn words! Thank you!
-- Save the Vowels movement --
#4Mentaldumazz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2009 1:29:41 PM
What's CTC? So Faith GMB is best?
#5USTraficantPosted 7/22/2009 2:04:26 PM
2 FPA Strafe is impossible due to a server-side bug. 3 FPA is the fastest Strafe that can be attainable on Bnet.
---
Making buffers, running blots
Who runs the blots? We run the blots
#6USTraficantPosted 7/22/2009 2:06:15 PM
As for GMB vs. MB, GMB is favored for glass-cannon zons as a result of IAS being present in abundance. MB is preferable for vita zons with a full inventory of 3/20/20s for damage, as your gear will provide less IAS.
---
Making buffers, running blots
Who runs the blots? We run the blots
#7ExplopyroPosted 7/22/2009 2:18:02 PM
Windforce.
---
I know the answer... what was the question again?
Visit http://d2offline.info for legitimate offline Diablo II.
#85171522Posted 7/22/2009 3:26:03 PM

2.5 and 2.2 attacks per second is terrible! Can you imagine just attacking less than 3 times in a second.

Anyways, I think you're mistaking "attacks per second" with fpa (frames per second). I also believe there's no decimal for it. Because there's no such thing as half a frame. (Right?) 2fpa is the fastest attack in D2 using Strafe. Unfortunately, it's pretty buggy with ctc's.

Sorry, I meant 3.5 attacks per second with Grand Matron and Matriarchal bow, and 3.1 attacks per second with Windforce.
---
#9ender_gamer500Posted 7/22/2009 3:29:08 PM
3 fpa strafe is the fastest attainable in un-modded D2, bnet or not.
#10rkingPosted 7/22/2009 3:30:50 PM
2 FPA Strafe is impossible due to a server-side bug. 3 FPA is the fastest Strafe that can be attainable on Bnet.

It's actually impossible period. When playing offline the game runs both the "client" and "server", so the same problems that happen on bnet happen offline also.
---
http://www.d2offline.info - Diablo 2 SP forums
For people who use the internet!