This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how hard is it to get immortal king set?

#1Sun RypesPosted 7/29/2009 5:20:36 PM
making a barb. starting to play after like 8 years. im not sure what kind of build i should make i was considering an ik barb. would any1 like to help me out too by the way.
---
N I smoke dat Kushh
#2fatchris101Posted 7/29/2009 7:00:27 PM
i have been playing for 2 months recently.... all i have got is an IK belt... that's it....
#3AllHailTheDead6Posted 7/29/2009 7:02:59 PM
dont use ik set.....well go for it if you want...but i tried to stop you
---
PSN AllHailTheDead0
#4dumbnoodPosted 7/29/2009 7:45:26 PM
IK set is really not gone for that much but you can start finding stuff in nm meph runs but some peices (i think) can only be found in hell.......

on a side note i do have a full set and it didn't take me that long to get it when I start mfing hell
---
OWND-Or as the old parable goes, it's better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it.
#5BashyMcFetusPosted 7/29/2009 7:46:52 PM
The only rare part is the armor, which is fairly rare.
---
"Why bash Jesus? He's born, you get presents, he dies, you get chocolate"~Wolfenstein2000
"He's like a piņata. Hence all the bashing."~LS06
#6FenriradramelkPosted 7/29/2009 8:18:25 PM
like us38 said, almost all the pieces except the armor aren't that hard to find.

The armor however is a Sacred Armor, the highest base type of armor in the game (in both STR req and defense). You'll pretty much be stuck farming ALvl 85 places (The Pit, Ancient Tunnels, Chaos Sanc, Worldstone Keep, etc) looking for it.

In all my time playing D2, I've only seen 1 IK Soul Cage drop, it was in The Pit off a normal monster on battle.net when MF'ing by myself in a private game.
I've traded for it a handful of times, though.

It should be noted though, that for all intents and purposes, Fortitude is a better armor overall. Stick with full IK if you don't want Fortitude, but if you will use Fort, find other pieces to shove in your other IK slots.
---
The Sun was born, so it shall die. As we were forged we shall return.
I know in darkness I will find you, giving up inside like me.
#7cha_fan1Posted 7/29/2009 9:05:09 PM
Immortal King's Detail - The Cow King (Hell Mode) is your best bet. If you don't want to kill the king, barring first time kills, go with Baal in Nightmare Mode.
Immortal King's Forge - See Immortal King's Detail
Immortal King's Pillar - See Immortal King's Forge
Immortal King's Soul Cage - Baal (Hell Mode) is your best bet, followed by Thresh Socket (Hell Mode) on Arreat Summit.
Immortal King's Stone Crusher - Diablo (Hell Mode) is your best bet, followed by Baal (Hell Mode).
Immortal King's Will - Cow King (Nightmare Mode) followed by Cow King (Hell Mode) followed by Diablo (Normal Mode) are your best bets.
#8Sun Rypes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2009 9:19:01 PM
haha alright thanks guys
---
N I smoke dat Kushh
#9OroborousPosted 7/30/2009 1:38:05 AM
I've had about 20 IK helms drop since I've been playing (1 year) and a few of the gauntlets, boots and belt. I've found one of the mauls and in the last week, two armors dropped. One was dropped by Baal and the other was dropped by a unique monster in the Pit.

---
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/Oroboros/Bi_thruster.jpg
#10fatchris101Posted 7/30/2009 3:02:47 AM
only magic items will drop from baal or diablo if i mf alone... if i mf with others... everything always grabbed by others... there is really no chance.... i dunno if it's lag or something... i cant even see what dropped and they are gone already...