This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Andy's Visage...

#1nopticmarauderPosted 8/7/2009 7:31:08 AM
Can someone explain to me why some goes after this helm for their mercs?

I'm not seeing it.
---
Platinum FC: JPH 2321-2572-8509
Brawl FC: JPH 1461-5902-2461
#2MrEngineer1Posted 8/7/2009 7:45:53 AM
Because it has:

- Life Steal, which is very important to a Melee Merc
- High Poison resist, and when poison can kill a merc, this can be a nice thing
- 15% Chance To Cast Level 15 Poison Nova When Struck - Melee Mercs are in the fray. So Poison Nova should be casting fairly often. This is a great way to to extra damage to enemies in 2 seconds (barring you're a poison based build whose poison attacks would be higher damaging)
- Increased Attack speed, who wouldn't want their merc attacking faster

I don't understand why you wouldn't want your merc to have it.
#3the_dracolichPosted 8/7/2009 7:53:14 AM
Also it has +2 To All Skills, which raises the level of their skills (like higher level auras for Аct II mercs) and gives a lot of Strength which helps them equip weapons and armors with high requrements sooner.
---
RPGs played so far:47
Life is unforgiving when you make a mistake - it doesn't have a Save & Load feature
#4Fargoth272Posted 8/7/2009 7:57:17 AM
You probably don't know that in order to effectively use Andy's you MUST socket it and slap a Ral in it. The -30 Fire Res is a horrible thing to have in Hell, and the Ral effectively counters that.

Even with the trouble of getting the socket and wasting a Ral in it, it still is better than any alternative you have. More importantly though, Andy's gives +30 to strength. This allows for more damage and a MUCH easier time equipping a Colossus Voulge. Also as noted above, the poison nova, poison resists, and increased attack speed are awesome.

The only thing Vamp Gaze has is the -damage received. This is nice, but not as good at the benefits of Andy's. Tals has nothing really going for it except that it is cheap as dirt. Your merc will have max res anyway and the 60 to life and extra 2% leech are negligible.

Andariel's Visage
Defense: 328
Required Strength: 102
Required Level: 83
+30 to Strength
+112% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist -30%
Poison Resist +70%
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
8% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to All Skill Levels
15% Chance to cast Level 15 Poison Nova when struck
Level 3 Venom (10/20 Charges)

Vampire Gaze
Defense: 252
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 41
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 12
Damage Reduced by 16%
Adds 6-22 cold damage over 4 seconds
7% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Defense: 121
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 66
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
+45 Defense
All Resistances +15
10% Life stolen per hit
10% Mana stolen per hit

In conclusion, I can't see WHY NOT to use Andy's. It has a lot going for it.
---
Your just an idiot that has 2 accounts for know reason...and about your english, Im betting you don't know a whole lot.-BelAir1
#5rkingPosted 8/7/2009 8:09:29 AM
You probably don't know that in order to effectively use Andy's you MUST socket it and slap a Ral in it.

A Ruby (30% Fire resist) Jewel of Fervor would be better.
---
http://www.d2offline.info - Diablo 2 SP forums
For people who use the internet!
#6evil_fat_catPosted 8/7/2009 9:25:34 AM
andy's is about the best merc helm, if your worried about the -30 fire resist just ral it.
---
Oh really now? Wafflecopter! >.<
#78Sunshine6Posted 8/7/2009 9:22:39 PM
I have a 2 OS Giant Skull helm for one of my mercs, lol
#8Dark_YelloPosted 8/7/2009 10:52:40 PM
Well andys is one of the best for melee and even bow merc how ever i found that delirum is a rather nice one as well since the confuse helps a lot to keep monsters at bay and the morp into a mini skelly actually has no effect on an act 2 merc since it still uses its basic atack.
---
Have a good day.
#9Carock44Posted 8/8/2009 10:17:39 AM
Can someone explain to me why some goes after this helm for their mercs?

Because everyone is obsessed with picking mercs that tend to die alot, so they need to be equally obsessed about finding ways to keep it alive.
#10FaolanSPosted 8/8/2009 9:26:12 PM
Would an Um be better to put into it, to get the other resists up too, or do you really need the extra fire resistance from a ral?