This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Magic Arrow?

#1puffsuckyPosted 8/21/2009 12:03:41 PM
is this skill any good? i recently started playing this with my gf and she followed the guide and put 12 points into Magic arrow to make it free to use without mana, and is doing the Magic Arrow/Critical Strike thing since Magic Arrow never misses.

how good is this combo? unmissable crits seemed nice to me but I'm a D2 nub. how does this stack up as the game wears on? thanks.
#2red255Posted 8/21/2009 12:08:54 PM
...Guided arrow never misses.

not magic arrow.
---
Anybody saying this is anime of the year will immediately be shut down when FMA comes out. -cloudvstidus4life | Posted: 2/17/2009
#3puffsucky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2009 12:33:35 PM
hmm, the guide that came in the battle chest says Magic Arrow never misses.

"The Magic Arrow skill is best paired with Critical Strike. This is because Magic Arrow never misses and Critical Strike will often double the damage of the hit."
#4red255Posted 8/21/2009 12:39:43 PM
MAgic arrow has an attack rating. thus it ... can miss.
---
Anybody saying this is anime of the year will immediately be shut down when FMA comes out. -cloudvstidus4life | Posted: 2/17/2009
#5UndauntedPosted 8/21/2009 12:43:04 PM
Magic Arrow is the worst attack skill. It's just there for people who want to be different.

1.13 might turn it into something usable. Who knows.
#6puffsucky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2009 2:00:15 PM
MAgic arrow has an attack rating. thus it ... can miss.

sigh

Magic Arrow is the worst attack skill. It's just there for people who want to be different.

1.13 might turn it into something usable. Who knows

thank you for the reply. i guess we'll just stick with it so we don't have to start over.
#7UndauntedPosted 8/21/2009 2:22:02 PM
Yeah, it can miss. The Prima strategy guides are pretty dang bad. The Internet is a big tool for this game, since it can be very cryptic at times.

Magic Arrows doesn't use up arrows, so it mainly only gets used people playing under Iron Man rules - where they can't use the towns.

Freezing Arrow and some Pierce is a better way to go.

1.13 might be out in the next five months, who knows. You'll be able to recover your skill points and respend them when it comes out. Ironically this might be the best time to be a Diablo 2 player.

... or you could get a character editer if this is single player....
#8puffsucky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2009 3:39:00 PM
it's from Brady Games, not Prima. but i understand what you're saying.
#9ximausPosted 8/21/2009 3:50:23 PM

Actually, Magic Arrow is over powered in early game (probably one of the best level 1 skills) and is far more versatile than Fire or Cold Arrow due to the lack of magic immune monsters.
---
Who is Peer and why did he reset my connection?
#10red255Posted 8/21/2009 3:57:13 PM
but at lvl 20 aint magic arrow just +20 magic damage?
---