This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

reset your skill pts?

#1TheUltramoosePosted 9/3/2009 6:02:38 PM
i have a feeling i already know the answer to this. but is there anyway to reset your skill points? having never really played this game before i jumped in on a pally and put way too many points into holy fire. im level 35 now so i really dont want to start a new pally. but id also like to change my build? is there a way?
---
Playing - PSP: Rockband Unplugged, Dragon Warrior 7 PS3: SF4, Valkyria Chronicles, inFAMOUS
PSN - Ultramoose
#2TravellingJackPosted 9/3/2009 6:05:37 PM
Not yet. The newest patch, when it's released soon will let you reset your stats in some way.
---
Oh no, Dwight's not my friend.
Oh my God, Dwight's kind of my friend...
#3TheUltramoose(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2009 6:06:27 PM
my stats i actually managed to not mess up by some magical happenstance.

sigh. i guess ill just make the most of this bad situation :P
---
Playing - PSP: Rockband Unplugged, Dragon Warrior 7 PS3: SF4, Valkyria Chronicles, inFAMOUS
PSN - Ultramoose
#4DoomkillaPosted 9/3/2009 6:37:32 PM
I think it'd be nice to be able to do that.Doesn't Eastern sun do that aswell?

Anyway,atleast we'd be able to use one character without worrying of restarting due to crappy build and ect..
---
^Bend over and I'll show yeah.
#5TheMove2Posted 9/3/2009 7:48:48 PM
Welcome to Diablo where you get a character to 80 find out you could of did something diffrent with some points and end up having to make the same character again.

For example this week I made a meteorb sorc got it to 85 in like 4 days of alot of playing and found out Metor is garbage and I cant stand it and now I wish I had Lightning and orb. So now I have to start my sorc over.
#6rhemorigherPosted 9/3/2009 8:00:03 PM

Welcome to Diablo where you get a character to 80 find out you could of did something diffrent with some points and end up having to make the same character again.

For example this week I made a meteorb sorc got it to 85 in like 4 days of alot of playing and found out Metor is garbage and I cant stand it and now I wish I had Lightning and orb. So now I have to start my sorc over.

I assume you realise you're meant to use fireball and not meteor.
---
The madness of being normal explains the rationality of going crazy
Life is measured not by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away
#7CptDeelishusPosted 9/3/2009 8:15:43 PM
"Not yet. The newest patch, when it's released soon will let you reset your stats in some way."

Cite your findings. No lying allowed.
---
I can't see things I don't care about.
#8TravellingJackPosted 9/3/2009 8:24:21 PM
http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/Hellforge/Diablo-2-Patch-113-to-Feature-Re-Specs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=370600&topic=50790748
---
We're owl exterminators!
#9mfwahwahPosted 9/4/2009 9:19:22 AM
You can use a mod like PlugY or a hero editor to change your skill points. If you're online though, then you're stuck with what you got.
---
::::::::E . ` ' / . F:::::::::
Your tears fuel me.
#10ximausPosted 9/4/2009 12:22:08 PM
To be more accurate:
At last count, there were plans to have a re-spec option in the next patch.

Nothing is definite and it does not specify what is included in the re-spec although skills are almost definite.
No one knows if Stats will be included or not.
---
Who is Peer and why did he reset my connection?