This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

questions about unique hunting in single player

#1Pongmaster5000Posted 12/2/2009 3:21:36 PM
h i just started playing again..im looking to find uniques for my chars..so

1) is it true first time kills drop better items ? if so is it worth re loading the game (since i play single player to get uniques to drop from say example nightmare andariel)

2) are there any good spots for single player for unique drops? pref in nightmare mode

2) and finally how much MF would be good to find considerably more uniques?

sorry if there nooby Qs just havent played in awhile. cheers and thx 4 the help
#2red255Posted 12/2/2009 3:25:09 PM
go download a program like atma and use the drop calculator to get the actual chances.

most of the 'good' stuff is dropped dunno in hell mephisto really IMO.

you can make good time in single player hunting meph in nightmare cuz the maps aren't random. just waltz in and kill him I guess.

really any boss you can just waltz to in singleplayer is a good thing to kill. keep rerolling the map until its good like that.

personally I'd farm Baal, for the experience and the drops secondary.

a high level naked character can clear nightmare well enough.
---
Anybody saying this is anime of the year will immediately be shut down when FMA comes out. -cloudvstidus4life | Posted: 2/17/2009
#3EnragedSlithPosted 12/2/2009 3:36:56 PM
Make a blizzard sorc and run Hell meph and Hell Ancient Tunnels. Aside from a lack of variety, it's all you'll ever need.
#4majesticmysticPosted 12/3/2009 12:19:17 AM
Meph in all difficulties is a decent target. Diablo and Baal less so since you need to clear Chaos Sanctuary (ouch) and the five waves of minions for them. Andariel (in Nightmare and Hell) is an option if you desperate want unique jewelry, but she can only drop up to SoJ/The Mahim-Oak Curio in NM and Carrion Wind/Mara's Kaleidoscope in Hell. She also cannot drop any Rainbow Facets. She can drop all set jewelries even in NM though if you care enough about it.

In Hell, Eldritch the Rectifier, Thresh Socket (if your WP in Arreat Plateau is near the entrance to Glacial Trails), and especially Pindleskin are also a good option if you haven't activated the Hall of Pains waypoint yet. In fact, between Hell Mephisto and Hell Pindleskin, you can find every single unique (and set) in the game except Tyrael's Might (which is more of a trophy than something one would actually use IMHO), of which you'll have to either run Baal or alvl85 areas for.
---
If declaring my opinion is akin to declaring war, then war I shall declare on the so-called veterans.
#5Pongmaster5000(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2009 12:35:03 AM
thanks for all the suggestions really helpful :)

i got one more Q though, is it possible to upgrade uniques in single player in v 1.1?
#6OroborousPosted 12/3/2009 1:11:51 AM
I agree with Meph and Hell Andy. I also find good stuff in the Pit and the WSK.
---
Be seeing you.
#7majesticmysticPosted 12/3/2009 11:18:38 AM
Single Player characters are eligible for all "ladder only" stuff except runewords.
---
If declaring my opinion is akin to declaring war, then war I shall declare on the so-called veterans.