This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wind Druid Build

#1ResidentEvilKoalaPosted 4/16/2010 3:38:52 PM
The skill allocation is kind of obvious. But there is still a small handful of skills left over after maxing the 4 wind skills and oak sage.

What should I do with these and what should I invest in from levels 1-5 (I feel these are connected).

What should my stats look like?
---
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.
#2sheepesquePosted 4/16/2010 3:44:05 PM
All the info you could want and more here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/370600/56837
#3ParominPosted 4/16/2010 3:50:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4ParominPosted 4/16/2010 3:51:32 PM
For lower levels, don't bother making a Wind Druid.

They're horribly slow until you get Hurricane. Go Fire or Summoner until Level 30 then respec.
#5red255Posted 4/16/2010 3:56:37 PM
Yeah I'd go wolf or bear something and then respec. summoner kinda sucks until 30 as well IMO. but you can mix summons in I guess.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#6JvstmPosted 4/16/2010 4:29:24 PM
Summoners are good at 18+

Spirit Wolves do okay until you get Dire Wolves, though. For all soloing purposes, you;ll likely be better off using Dire Wolves than a Grizzly, unless you're running /p8.
---
#7gripturgPosted 4/16/2010 5:00:27 PM
Windy definitely sucks until you get hurricane, so yeah, respec later. It's a lot of fun once you get that though.
#8ResidentEvilKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2010 6:11:07 PM
I forgot about the respec (first char since patch).

I'll go fire to 30 then respec.

Equipment suggestions aside from the obvious?
---
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.
#9PancakeV1Posted 4/16/2010 6:50:27 PM
Respec'ing really did Wind druids a favor since they are seriously a pain to deal with until you can reach higher levels. I'd go Fire or summon until you're at a high enough level. Once you're wind, just go with enough Str/Dex to wear your armor, and put the rest in Vitality. Don't bother putting anything in Energy unless you don't have good armor planned.

It's good to invest one point in all the pets. Some Windies don't put the points in it, but it's worth it. If you're using Oak Sage and possibly a CTA, you'll have some tough meatshields that'll take some hits for you. You'll need them since you're fighting up close and will be taking a lot of punishment.

Some people put a point into Werewolf/Werebear, but those are only for the people who want to use Delirium. Delirium definitely helps, but I find Jalal's Mane to be a more consistent choice, it's hard to say no to FHR when you're using a close combat fighter. Not many people agree with me though. The rest of the equipment is pretty cookie cutter. Pretty much, you want to aim for +skills, FCR, FHR, etc.

I respec'd an old Bear druid into a Wind Druid when 1.13 came out, and I'm quite pleased with it. It's a fun build that can do a lot. You can deal good damage on anything(aside from a rare immune). You get good summons. You get massive defense boosts with Cyclone Armor, Oak Sage and Battle Orders(if you're using CTA) and you can support your party well with Oak Sage. There's only so many builds that are as well rounded as this.
---
"I told you we shoulda bought more than three bullets! Let's just grab him!" - Fat Tony
#10ExplopyroPosted 4/16/2010 7:26:50 PM
Sheep already linked my guide, and I don't think there's much more that I need to say; pretty much everything is in there. Let me know if you have any questions, however.
---
I know the answer... what was the question again?
Visit http://d2offline.info for legitimate offline Diablo II.