This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charsi's Imbue

#1dark lancerPosted 6/11/2010 12:47:30 AM
I have no idea what to save it for. I have a level 50 bowazon with a circlet from act 3 that gives 25% poison resistance and 1-118 lightning damage, and her armor is Hawkmail from her only Mephisto run. Can I take items back from Nightmare to have Normal Charsi imbue it?

Years ago when I bought Diablo 2, the strategy guide that came with it said that it was a very powerful enhancement that should be saved for the best item, so I ended up never using it ever. I got the book and the game in 2003, so obviously a lot has changed since then.
---
Boycott Hollywood.
[Papal Crusaders] Dissent is not intolerance.
#2mafiafunPosted 6/11/2010 1:11:41 AM
Yea, I've yet to ever use it. Useless if you ask me.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#3OroborousPosted 6/11/2010 1:16:33 AM
The best use is arguably diadems. Other good choices are sorceress orbs and necromancer totems.
---
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/xenopathy/swim.png
#4Lord HeimdallPosted 6/11/2010 5:03:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5gUMBy77Posted 6/11/2010 9:05:13 AM
^False
Cannot imbue magic, set, unique, rare, socketed, or ethereal
#6Skeletal_KingPosted 6/11/2010 9:12:40 AM
Circlets are pretty much the best item to imbue, due to the wide range of stats it can get.

IIRC, both your characters level, and the item level (Where you found it) determines what stats it gets. OR it may just be item level.
---
When that many people like something, that doesn't make it overrated, it means you're in the minority. - LordOfLegacies
#7dark lancer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2010 10:10:20 AM
What does it do? And what do I save the Act 5 rewards for?

I'm not planning on giving up my rare circlet just yet. 1-118 added lightning damage has a lot of potential, and the poison resistance is helpful. There's also another resistance on it, but I think it's like 6%. I also can't find anything capable of replacing my Hawkmail, though at this point in Nightmare the 15% to max cold resistance is probably not helping.
---
Boycott Hollywood.
[Papal Crusaders] Dissent is not intolerance.
#8JvstmPosted 6/11/2010 2:06:01 PM
I typically imbue circlets on LoD and whatever weapon type my Barb is using at the time on Classic.

I -WILL- get 'King' title again this season.
---
That is the first time I've ever saw someone accuse someone of living in their mother's basement for not watching anime. - DM
#9Skeletal_KingPosted 6/11/2010 3:03:49 PM
Imbue only works on White items. Not Magic, Rare, Socketed, Ethereal or Unique.

It basically turns a White item into a Rare item.
---
When that many people like something, that doesn't make it overrated, it means you're in the minority. - LordOfLegacies
#10majesticmysticPosted 6/11/2010 11:22:45 PM
Diadem is best. Various other circlets are also decent if you have the clvl. Class-specifics are nice too I guess. Otherwise I tend to use early ones on plate belts since you can usually get some decent resistances as well as possibly up to 24% FHR this way.
---
If declaring my opinion is akin to declaring war, then war I shall declare on the so-called veterans.