This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Single Player 1.13 Necro build advice.

#1jshort2525Posted 9/7/2010 7:58:00 PM
20 Skel Mastery
20 Raise Skel
5 Clay Golem
5 Golem Mastery
2 Summon Resist
1 Corpse Explosion
20 poison Nova
15 Poison Explosion
1 Amplify Damage

I'm only level 82 and haven't cleared hell yet. This is my only high level character and I plan on using him to MF and mule the items to ATMA for other characters I make. Will this build hold up in hell?

Strategy:
Act 2 Might Merc
Summon Golem
Summon army of skelly.
Cast Amplify Damage
Cast Poison NOVA.
Spam Corpse Explosion.

I'm only on act 3 but so far it's worked great. Will it hold up in the later acts? Any adivce?
#2PaskyPosted 9/7/2010 8:57:42 PM
Poison explosion over corpse explosion? O_o
---
I think, therefore I am not Barry Burton.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4535/ohhaii.jpg
#3McTCMPosted 9/7/2010 9:09:27 PM
^to boost nova
---
Amychao ~ Windia ~6X Cleric
goal on maple: getting a decent int sauna
#4PaskyPosted 9/7/2010 9:11:43 PM
Nova over corpse explosion? O_o
---
I think, therefore I am not Barry Burton.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4535/ohhaii.jpg
#5JvstmPosted 9/7/2010 9:34:43 PM
Some people enjoy Poison Necros.

---
If I wanted to play a nature simulator I'd actually leave my house - DM
How can you spell words like 'universally' and 'unnecessary' but not 'you'? - TJ
#6LashenyaPosted 9/8/2010 1:50:26 AM

Strategy:
Act 2 Might Merc
Summon Golem
Summon army of skelly.
Cast Amplify Damage
Cast Poison NOVA.
Spam Corpse Explosion.

I think you have one extra step in there.

It should look something like this.

Strategy:
Act 2 Might Merc
Summon Golem
Summon army of skelly.
Cast Amplify Damage
Spam Corpse Explosion.

---
Coffee? Heh...isn't my cup of tea - Scooter
#7MrEngineer1Posted 9/8/2010 5:29:29 AM
IMHO if you're trying to make poison more viable, take more points away from Golem/GM/Summon resist and put it toward your poison skills. If you have decent gear, clay will still have a lot of life, and he's easily resummonable.
#8jshort2525(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2010 5:50:00 PM
I guess I should clarify that poison nova is not my main attack. Corpse explosion finishes up the crowd once I spam it over and over. I just respeced because I was getting kind of bored with just straight summoner and max corpse explosion. With this build, I can use poison nova to get the ball rolling on the amount of corpses, then spam corpse explosion. I also was getting tired of MF runs on bosses who aren't surrounded by corpses at all and being forced to do nothing but curses while my summons did all the attacking. I also didn't see much of a pay off for sinking 20 points in corpse explosion when the damage stays the same and only the radius increases. Corpse explosion is still doing a fine job with just 1 point in it (I have +5 to skill gear) so it's still doing a good enough raidus to get the job done. This way I have a back up skill when all the corpses are used up or I need to produce more corpses quicker.
#9thekillerhammerPosted 9/8/2010 6:19:37 PM
killing enemies off screen with your corpse explosion isnt apealing you eh to where you really only need 2 enemies dead then you just blow the rest up and the place is clear also you will often get better loot off of mobs then bosses so yeah.
---
An eye for an eye only make the whole world go blind~~ Ghandi
#10LashenyaPosted 9/9/2010 1:35:20 AM
He's single player. Which probably means he plays on /players 8.

It is unfortunate that CE does not scale with the amount of "players" in-game. This can really make CE seem like it's not worth it. That and your (relatively) slow killing speed from your summons alone becomes even slower.

Summon Necros just aren't built for farming /players 8 games :(
---
Coffee? Heh...isn't my cup of tea - Scooter