This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo 2 Resolution Scaling

#1KraidePosted 5/1/2012 12:12:48 AM
Awhile back, Diablo 2 was scaling its resolution on my monitor by putting black bars on the sides in fullscreen mode: it didn't bother me, so I didn't mess with it.

I'm trying to pick it up and play it a bit again, but they are not there, and with the resolution maximized it is now stretched to the ends of the screen, and since my display is 14:9 it means the game looks REALLY wide. It's extremely bothersome to me.

The problem is, I haven't changed my D2 install at all. There haven't been patches in forever, and I haven't reinstalled it or changed my game or install folder in any way. I also haven't changed any nVidia forced options for the game, although it's possible I guess that new drivers have something to do with it.

Does anybody know what option or feature allows me to purposely put those black bars so my screen isn't so horribly stretched when I play?
---
"I am allowed double standards. You are not"
-my ex
#2M_InfernumPosted 5/1/2012 3:55:17 AM
Try running the video test, and picking a different video mode.
---
If people could read my mind, I'd get punched in the face a lot.
#3reclinemusicPosted 5/1/2012 2:23:29 PM
If you have nVidia, there's an option in the nvidia control panel to force your graphics card to not scale a lower resolution to full screen.

Probably a similar setting for ATI.

I just play in window mode though.
---
Computer stats!
#4Dark2Posted 5/2/2012 6:37:34 AM
If you use windows 7 and nvida, please follow:

1. Click right-click mouse on desktop. Menu will pop.
2. Go Graphics Properties
3. If the message asks you to select mode, select basic mode then click ok.
4. Change scaling to Scale Full Screen then click ok