This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

share stories on how you got into d2, mine involves a school fight, stolen game.

#1CelticsHomerProPosted 5/2/2012 6:32:05 PM
oh all the good memories back in 03-04, i actually have a wierd story about how i got into this game and it involves a fight irl too.

i ended up buying this game from a friend in pe class during 10th grade but he stole the game from another kid so i paid 20 bucks for classic d2, next up the kid who is missing his game finds out i bought it and demands i give it back instead of forcing the kid who stole it pay him back because i bought the game and i wasnt planning to give it back.. what happens next would cause him to get expelled.. warning

we were walking back from the baseball field when he just bum rushed me from behind with blows to my head! i protect my head and the teacher pulls him off i didnt land a single hit or i would be in trouble too.. so he ended up getting expelled when we went into the school offices..

it was worth it!
---
Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
|AMDX6 3.2|HD5850|MSI AM3|6GB DDR3RAM|2 TB HDD|Windows7 64bit Ult|
#2sneakynaarakaPosted 5/2/2012 7:08:58 PM
mine was awefully boring. basicly it all started with diablo 1. loved it. got the 2nd one. loved it even more. got the d3 beta. loveded it even moarer. well i guess thats a bit farther then when i got d2 but whatever.
#3Teepo999Posted 5/2/2012 10:46:45 PM
My friend had just gotten the game (this was vanilla when LoD was still just a gleam in some programmers eye) and had to show it to me. I fell in love with the Necro at the first skellie summon and never looked back. O.o
---
I am not just the God of pudding...I am God...
We must rid the world of stupid people...s(^.~)V
#4PsychoWolfXPosted 5/2/2012 10:56:05 PM
I was at a frineds house playing GTA San Andreas when his little sister came in the room and demanded that we let her watch Totally Spies or something like that.
Since we couldn't play the PS2 anymore, we decided to go on the computer. I'd never really played any PC games before, so my buddy started up Diablo 2 and I made a character.

The next three hours are a blur.

I remember making a druid and playing up to about half way through act 2.
Soon after I got a new PC and went straight out and bought D2 LOD. I still remember my first character quite well. He was a Druid with about 5 points in every skill.
#5MikeDabs11Posted 5/4/2012 3:37:18 PM
Ahhh, the stories of way back in the day...

All I remember is walking into an EB games (gamestop, or whatever the used game store back then was called) and we started looking at the box of D2, thought it was cool but it was rated mature so we couldn't buy it.

My brother's birthday was in like 2 weeks and he asked for it so my parent's got it for him. He got the original Diablo and Diablo 2... he wanted to beat the 1st one before he started playing the 2nd one but the 1st one didn't hold his interest.

Cracked open the 2nd one and we've both been addicted ever since. We've been waiting for D3 for about 12 years or whenever LOD came out.

I remember creating my first character and finding a sword that had 3 open sockets... i put a chipped ruby, emerald, and saphire in it... I thought I was so bad ass with that sword.

ooo to be a n00b again.
#6JvstmPosted 5/4/2012 4:15:33 PM
I bought it.
That's the story.
---
If I wanted to play a nature simulator I'd actually leave my house - DM
You just like her because she has low self esteem and handlebars. - NormnStansfield
#7Lord HeimdallPosted 5/4/2012 6:37:41 PM
One day I just went to my uncle's house and he was playing it. Then I was just "OMFG..."

Of course I've played D1 before.
---
I used to be a Norse God, but then I took an arrow in the knee...
Currently playing: Dark Souls, KoA: Reckoning [PS3]
#8ssringoPosted 5/4/2012 7:24:19 PM
I was still in the Army back in the early 2000s. A couple of the other guys that lived in the barracks had run cables between their rooms and were playing D2. I had just purchased my first PC ever and they invited me to play. I can't remember their names anymore but they were the guys that got me into Diablo and Blizzard games in general.
#9gguiraoPosted 5/16/2012 3:35:14 PM
I liked Diablo and wanted to continue playing through the series.
---
George W. Bush--proof against government intelligence.
#10ZeratulthekingPosted 5/17/2012 6:17:13 AM
FYI they can't expel you for defending yourself, as long as you are not overly aggressive after successfully defending yourself. Especially if you have witnesses to back up that you were merely defending yourself from getting hurt.

I think the only way you would if it was a private school and they don't adhere to normal rules but to their own biased rules.