Chance Time is such garbage

#1hellfire582Posted 1/31/2013 11:19:31 AM
I'm just saying any game feature that can easily cause someone who has been winning the entire game to go from first to last place on the last turn is pretty gay.
#2RustleCrowePosted 1/31/2013 12:46:35 PM
hellfire582 posted...
I'm just saying any game feature that can easily cause someone who has been winning the entire game to go from first to last place on the last turn is pretty gay.

thats mario party for you. It's not quite as bad as losing well over 75 coins to the bomb on waluigi's island twice, losing every mini game because your concentration is off or the AI somehow is doing amazing at games that it usually sucks at, and seeing the AI get hidden star blocks, land on all of the lucky spaces, and land on all the game guy spaces and consistently win the really low chance of winning bets.

that happened to me last night.
#3RustleCrowePosted 1/31/2013 12:50:12 PM
double post but i just wanted to say even if you are on the losing end of chance time, theres still bonus stars, and if youve been doing good enough to get all 3 of the bonus stars, its good enough to win more often than not
#4hellfire582(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 6:01:27 PM
RustleCrowe posted...
double post but i just wanted to say even if you are on the losing end of chance time, theres still bonus stars, and if youve been doing good enough to get all 3 of the bonus stars, its good enough to win more often than not

Not when I play with my friends. Usually we play 35-turn games, and the two people in the lead have 8 stars or so towards the last 5 turns. If someone takes all your stars on chance time, or even gives them to a third player, you've lost.

I agree that the game in general involves quite a bit of luck, but I think chance time is a bit excessive. It's one thing to lose a bunch of coins in a dumb luck-based battle minigame like Merry-Go-Chomp, but it's a way worse to lose 8 stars in the last 5 turns with no way to get them back other than get lucky and land on chance time to steal them back.
#5RustleCrowePosted 2/7/2013 9:01:48 PM
hellfire582 posted...
RustleCrowe posted...

Not when I play with my friends. Usually we play 35-turn games, and the two people in the lead have 8 stars or so towards the last 5 turns. If someone takes all your stars on chance time, or even gives them to a third player, you've lost.

I agree that the game in general involves quite a bit of luck, but I think chance time is a bit excessive. It's one thing to lose a bunch of coins in a dumb luck-based battle minigame like Merry-Go-Chomp, but it's a way worse to lose 8 stars in the last 5 turns with no way to get them back other than get lucky and land on chance time to steal them back.

with merry go chomp, always go with blue. or if an AI has chosen that, orange. if thats chosen, yellow. chomp usually stops on red or green.
#6XxPika740xXPosted 2/11/2013 3:22:56 AM
Boo is your friend. Unless your racing for coins, you should always steal a star whenever possible.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicandGamesandStuf
----->Pika740<----- Go for the gusto.
More topics from this board...
Favourite Minigame?XxPika740xX687/17 12:54AM