Can Don Barlone's cough be cured?

#1Herry_HardfootPosted 6/25/2009 8:33:12 PM
I've given him a Fuzzfas Fizzer, a potion of Cure Disease, and a potion of Cure Light Condition, and he's still coughing.

Is this a pointless effort? (Spoilers please, if there are any.)
#2jukesterPosted 6/25/2009 8:40:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3CrimsonAnimusPosted 6/26/2009 8:53:09 AM
You have to give him a Bonecrusher Brew to cure it. However, it has to be administered by Al-Sedexus, so make sure to go to the Rapax Rift first and recruit her. Be careful, though - on occasion, she makes a party member disappear. If that happens, you will have to go to the concubine room in the Rapax Castle to get him/her back. She's especially fond of RFS-81, so you might want to dismiss him during this process. Interestingly enough, if RFS-81 does disappear, she also takes an NAS-81 potion from your inventory. I don't even want to know what she does with it.
---
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon
#4CrimsonAnimusPosted 6/26/2009 9:10:19 AM
OK, that was a joke. You really can't cure his cough, unless you want to kill the dirty rat.
---
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon
#5Herry_Hardfoot(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2009 4:59:32 PM
Jukester, lay off the rudeness. Some of us are actually NEW to this game, and don't know every last detail yet.

If you mindread Don Barlone, he's thinking "I've got to do something about this cough," which sounds like a clue or a hint to me. So this one turns out to be nothing--what's the harm in asking?

Crimson, thanks for both the joke answer, which was funny, and the straight answer, which was informative.
#6Herry_Hardfoot(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2009 5:07:54 PM
P.S. If I do kill the dirty rat, maybe he'll cough up the Astral Dominae.
#7jukesterPosted 6/26/2009 5:17:43 PM
You're right, I should learn to like stupid topics.

---
{aB} "Lay off the poor guy, he's named after a vibrator for crap's sake." ~ Polas on ThePinkAvenger
jukester
#8CrimsonAnimusPosted 6/26/2009 8:26:30 PM
Yes, if you kill him, he will cough up the Astral Dominae, even if he doesn't have it yet, which is pretty funny to me:

Don Barlone: "So, you again. We ain't got it yet."

Player: "Thou art a LIAR! I see it in thy drop list!"

Don Barlone also drops the best weapon in the game, but only a Faerie Ninja can equip it.
---
#9LightBladePosted 6/30/2009 8:59:42 PM
Crimson is the Cane Corpus a guaranteed drop if you kill the Don, or is it something you can keep reloading until it does?

---
Live tag: Phillyhockeyfan
PSN tag: Flyersfan82
#10CrimsonAnimusPosted 6/30/2009 10:20:52 PM
It's not a guaranteed drop, but your chances are VERY high (79.96% according to Flame's site). If he doesn't drop it, you can just reload and try again. Fortunately, random enemy drops are determined at the time of their death, and are not set when you first enter an area like treasure chests are.
---