Similar games?

#11atmasabrPosted 6/15/2013 8:17:03 AM(edited)
Paladins are hard to master in 3rd Edition. I've never used any except a two-level multi-class for their saving throw bonus. This is much like the Lords in this game.
---
Do your own research!
#12PaladinPosted 6/17/2013 12:04:35 AM
In NWN you can get Divine Might and Divine Shield feat. This two feats are great for any who has Turn Undead feat. Paladin has access to the Holy Sword spell (Paladin 4th level spell) which turns your weapon into a Holy Avenger.
---
Lay on hands!
#13atmasabrPosted 6/18/2013 6:01:40 PM
*Shrug.*

Level 15+ godhood means different things to different classes. To warriors it means they can take greater demons and chew them up, grind them to mush, and spit them out. To wizards it means they can totally decide the outcome of a combat against multiple enemies or very dangerous enemies. A Paladin in IWD2 gets a Holy Avenger at L16 and is immune to just about everything requiring a saving throw. In Wizardry your Lords can outfight just about anything all by themselves and they're certified magicians. It's all good.

And then there's L1 to x, the babysitting levels when you don't got that... do you want to be that class that's all babysat and no babysitting? Because that is what a lot of advanced classes tend to be during a lot of that time unless you really know what you're doing.
---
Do your own research!
#14DavzzPosted 7/5/2013 7:50:30 PM
There's really nothing like Wiz 8, which is sad.

Anyway I recommend Dark Heart of Uukrul, for the same reasons I would recommend Wiz 8 though they're not really much similar (good tactical combat, good mix of dungeon exploration/puzzle solving)
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Don't blame me, blame yourself or the RNG."
#15YarielPosted 7/26/2013 3:39:58 AM
Just wait another few days and get this one ...
it looks good ...
http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=21288
Realms Of Arkania: Blade Of Destiny HD
#16atmasabrPosted 8/6/2013 6:05:50 PM
A remake? I bought the original from GOG.com

I put it down, but not for any particular reason. It's fun, not all that difficult at all, but not one of those games you'll zip through at super speed. It's a slow build exploring places. It will also take a very long time to understand everything, with dozens upon dozens of spells and skills and only a limited amount of skill points. And classes. And random-rolling character creation. Definitely a game that could be awesome with polish, or even good inter-party dialogue. There's a video walkthrough for Realms of Arkania: Star Trail (the second of the trilogy) that is fun to watch.

Yes, yes, yes! You have three caster classes in that game (one of them a little weak), three hybrids, with the rest a mix of warriors, skill users, and weak versions of the dedicated archetypes. And an inventory overflowing with scrap metal harvested from goblins and bandits :)
---
Do your own research!