Can't pickpocket keys from Ferro and Constable

#1TSDxPosted 6/22/2013 8:28:08 PM
Its been years, but I seem to remember you could, FAQ says you could also. I've had 0 luck. I've got 90 pickpocketing, stolen everything under the sun from them, camped 24 hours in a different zone, fought monsters to reset the rng, nothing.

They do drop when I actually kill them however.
#2PainAmplifierPosted 6/23/2013 8:20:50 AM
TSDx posted...
Its been years, but I seem to remember you could, FAQ says you could also. I've had 0 luck. I've got 90 pickpocketing, stolen everything under the sun from them, camped 24 hours in a different zone, fought monsters to reset the rng, nothing.

They do drop when I actually kill them however.

Yes, you should be able to pickpocket the keys from the Constable...I've never done it myself, but that is because I never bother to use the PP skill at all.

I do however, use the little 'trick' that allows you to kill him and get the key without changing your faction rating with the Templar until you want them hostile. (After joining) It can take a bit of load/reloading until this works, so it's not always do-able for an ironman game unless you get lucky.

It's pretty simple. You just need to kill the Constable while he is still 'friendly' which only lasts until the end of your 'Surprise Attack'. The Insta-kill spells are your friends here. Asphyxiation and Quicksand for example, although DeathWish, Instant Death or a Critical kill should do the trick if you get one. If you fail to get an instakill, reload and try again. The lack of a faction change message tells you if you succeeded.

You can do something similar with Al-Sedexus. If you can kill Al-Sedexus without killing any of the Templar she summons, your 'Friendly' templar faction rating will remain in effect until you provoke them by killing a Templar. For this you need to be able to disable the summoned Templar with Sleep or Paralyze effects so you can kill Al-Sedexus (Which doesn't aggro the regular Templar elsewhere in the Castle!) and then run away to end the combat with the summoned Templar Guards.

Although personally, I find it's enough to just loot the Rapax castle entirely, then aggro all the Templar anyway and treat them as nice convenient XP fights. The only Rapax fights I don't like are the ones where they get both Missle Shield and Magic Screen up, since you are forced to deal with them almost entirely in melee at that point, making missles and magic almost useless for your best anti-Rapax spells/missles.
#3TSDx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 7:23:37 PM
I guess I'll forgo the armory loot since I don't want to kill Ferro, and abuse that bug to get the constable key.
#4Zanbie XanvierPosted 6/25/2013 3:23:38 AM
Couldn't you get the key by giving him the Pickled Trynnie?
---
Is that it is snowing only this paradise?
The paradise was already Alice's playground.
#5TSDx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:12:54 PM
Zanbie Xanvier posted...
Couldn't you get the key by giving him the Pickled Trynnie?

That worked. I had completely forgotten about that.