Should I play 6 and 7 first?

#1alsroboshackPosted 12/1/2013 1:16:47 PM
I have 6,7, and 8, but I want to play 8 the most.
6 is okay, and 7 is good, but should I play them first, or just play this one?
---
i make free ware games! here are my games
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/users/bobmoo%20games my mc ign bobmoo_games
#2PainAmplifierPosted 12/1/2013 2:31:55 PM
alsroboshack posted...
I have 6,7, and 8, but I want to play 8 the most.
6 is okay, and 7 is good, but should I play them first, or just play this one?

If story is important to you, then I would say yes, play 6 and 7 first. The three games basically form a trilogy where the 'story' follows through all the games. Granted the initial link between 6 and 7 is pretty weak and a bit silly, but the next two games (back) fill out the story out to make it more consistent than what you have at the end of the 6th game.

A bonus is that your party can be imported from the end of one game to the start of the next. Making it one of the few games where you can get attached to a party and feel like it matters without being to incredibly overpowered at the start of the next game.

If you don't care about spoilers or story, then feel free to play 8 first. It has the best gameplay out of the three even if it has it's own limitations and weaknesses. Plus you get enough story through the game to fill in all the necessary missing parts from the first two.

Be warned though, if you play 8 first, you may be left wanting more, but underwhelmed by the sophmore-ishness of 6 and 7.
#3DannyAICPosted 12/2/2013 8:37:03 AM
What that guy said. I played 7 before I played 8, and LOVED IT. But, when I tried to go back again, it was difficult. Even more so with 6, where the graphics and console were just that much worse. I gave up on 6 for the time being, may get back into it.
---
Marcello: They took out four of my guards! Angelo: (whistles) Marcello: .......yes well..
#4Something2DoPosted 12/14/2013 10:01:09 AM
I skipped 6 and 7; even back in early 2000 when I first purchased wiz 8 they were too old for me. There was something about the graphical transition in the mid 1990's to the early 2000 that made the difference in game playability (to myself). Mind you I'm not a graphic freak like some people; even today wiz 8 is very playable (just replayed a month ago) and I can still play games like bg 2; but anything too much older (like fallout 1) just doesn't cut it for myself (some of it has to do with ability to scale well to larger monitors).
-
So the answer to your question (for me) is wiz 8 stands well on its own (it was the first wiz game I ever played) though those who have played 6 and 7 might disagree with myself.
#5MorPosted 12/31/2013 8:34:22 AM
I played through 7 once just to see how it'd affect 8, and it was definitely an epic experience, but I was completely burned out on blob games when I was done. It took close to 4 months!

Deffo play 8 first, save the big thing for later.
---