Can Someone Help Me Choose My Team?

#1SuppishCloudPosted 3/9/2008 10:05:19 AM
Im Starting To Play This Game Again,And I Wanted To Know If Anyone Could Help Me Create A Good Team With Cyndiquil As The Starter. Help Would Be Appreciated.
#2ChaosArbiterPosted 3/9/2008 10:37:12 AM
Hm, so you'll have Typhlosion. A good Water PKMN would help, and so would a good Electric. Maybe a Dragon, or a Rock/Dark? Psychics are over-rated, don't get one. Get a good Grass, though, I hear they're fun. Oh, and a Poison-type.
---
I am the Sabre of Quiet Reflection.
Not even a samadh in your honor.
#3Mr_TurklesonPosted 3/11/2008 5:36:53 AM
You can't be serious.....I went through the game with only cyndaquil and kadabra and got 8 badges and beat elite 4 in 12 hours so make sure you buy an abra in goldenrod from the game corner....thunder/ice punch are both really handy later in the game
---
Can someone please explain to me how the hell LSU gets so many chances and yet everyone thinks Ohio State shouldn't get a title shot?
#4jolly_picklesPosted 3/12/2008 12:17:50 AM
i usually go cyndaquil, chinchou, espeon as a rule
#5saturos_4_everPosted 3/13/2008 1:57:50 AM
cyndaquil, chinchou, geodude, abra, your choice of flyer and hm slave
---
Take one can of toughen up and see me in the morning
#6IAmACookiePosted 3/13/2008 2:17:43 AM
Ingame, go for:

Alakazam: Psychic + 3 elemental punches
Meganium: Razor Leaf, Giga Drain, Earthquake & Ancient Power (<-- Breeding Move)
Tyranitar: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Crunch, Hyper Beam
Dragonite: Outrage, Dragonbreath, Fly, Hyper Beam
Lanturn: Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Return (Ice Beam + Thunderbolt from Move Tutor)
Heracross: Megahorn, Reversal, Take Down, Return (To use Reversal effective, lower your HP with Take Down attacks, on it's own is Reversal even good, since Heracross' base attack is 125)

Have fun
#7IAmACookiePosted 3/13/2008 2:19:18 AM
Oh, and you got in your team alsways a Fly & Surf user, handy for the travelling ingame.
#8NESkimoPosted 3/22/2008 12:34:44 AM
Dude, Elite 4 in 12 hours is nothing special, I beat Red in 8 1/2 (of course I was going for time). Only used Feraligator.

But my very 1st Crystal team seemed to work the best for me:

Lapras
Espeon
Lanturn
Dragonite
Heracross
Houndoom

I've forgotten their movesets (it's been a year) but I remember the only thing that gave me trouble was Red, even at 10 lvls higher than him lol

---
I need a new signature.