The Most Effective Way To Catch Raikou?!

#1Kiki_OkamiPosted 7/6/2008 2:51:33 PM
Hey hey, does anyone know how the best way to catch Raikou even though you've used the Masterball on Entei and have already caught Suicune via the event at the Burnt Tower?
I really want to know which or what is the most effective way to catch Raikou. He's my fave pokemon, besides Absol. Please, assistance?
---
Of Fatal Wounding
#2DryWitPosted 7/6/2008 3:30:58 PM
You probably should have cloned your masterball before using it.

But the sticky has a good site with details on how to catch the legendary dogs (the legendarydogs site). Check that out, and see if it helps you.
#3xeladosPosted 7/9/2008 2:03:51 AM
You're going to be farming Fast Balls for quite a while. As far as running into it, you're gonna have to rely on dumb luck or trade a different Raikou to your Crystal.
---
http://mystic.de4th.com - My Gamer Profile
#4genestealerPosted 7/9/2008 9:57:06 AM
You probably should have cloned your masterball before using it.
Cloning glitch is pretty risky in Crystal, and it's cheating anyway.

Put it to sleep when you find it, if you trap it it will just roar you away. If you want to avoid other random encounters, you could use something like a level 39 haunter/gengar or jynx with a sleep move first in your team, and use repels so that everything below that level will stay away from you. It will be easier to find after you've found it once.
#5xeladosPosted 7/10/2008 10:35:43 PM
If it's in the game and not listed in a Cheat menu, I wouldn't call it cheating. A glitch is just a glitch. In the one player game, I wouldn't worry about something using that. It doesn't give them an unfair advantage that nobody else could do.

Using a GameShark to get all-15 DV Pokémon, on the other hand.. that's outright cheating.
---
#6hhjghbhghnmhPosted 7/11/2008 9:59:13 AM
Fast balls are the easiest way. If nintendo didn't intend for cloning, it's cheating. The mew glitch in R/B/Y isn't as bad because mew can't be caught any other way, and it isn't too powerful, but cloning masterballs is outright cheating because nintendo intended for one to be given. If you have a friend who doesn't often catch legendary pokemon, see if he'll give his/hers to you (I never use legendary pokemon)
---
Barrel! also If you're wondering about the name, check my quote.
#7genestealerPosted 7/11/2008 1:42:26 PM
How is the cloning glitch not a cheat? You manipulate the game to achieve something that wasn't intended to happen, the effect is pretty much the same.

But don't get me wrong, I don't mind stuff like that. It all depends on what you use it for. If you use the cloning glitch or other cheats because you think the game is too hard, I laugh at you. I like to clone TMs if you can only get them once simply because I have more than one pokémon I want the move on, but I don't use multiple 1-time TMs on the same team just to make it easier. I keep some masterballs in reserve for something like a shiny that might escape or suicide, but I don't use them for legendaries or anything else (instead carry 200+ pokéballs, and some great/ultra balls, that's more then enough). I get a lot of rare candies to check what levels pokémon learn moves, evolve, to check DVs, etc. But I don't use them to raise pokémon.

If I had a gameshark and a friend to play against, I'd use it to make my pokémon exactly the way I want them, and let my friend do the same. Time played shouldn't be a direct factor for the outcome of a player vs player battle. In-game, on the other hand, the difficulty is so low that it doesn't really matter if you cheat or not. It's not like there's any way to make the opponent faint in less than one hit. The exception might be battle tower in crystal, but I'd still rather raise my pokémon than cheat to get them. You're allowed to use any pokémon too, including stuff like Mewtwo and Lugia, if you use those it's not hard either way.

Oh, and I used glitches to get mew and celebi. You can't get them without cheats anyway >_<
#8TheJockWhoGamesPosted 7/11/2008 8:43:07 PM
Glitching/Cheating, either way it's downright dirty.
---
www.walterfootball.com
Mock Draft Contest. $400 Prize Pool, Free Entry.
#9gaz1561Posted 7/12/2008 4:16:47 AM
Once you have damaged it enough, get a golbat to use mean lock on it then just throw ultra balls at it. How i use to do it.
#10xeladosPosted 7/12/2008 7:27:50 PM
How is the cloning glitch not a cheat? You manipulate the game to achieve something that wasn't intended to happen, the effect is pretty much the same.

Wavedashing and infinite combos weren't intended in Super Smash Bros Melee, but they do not qualify as cheating.
---