Celebi Egg Trick confusion?

#1TheFrigzPosted 8/23/2009 4:48:12 PM
Hello. I recently stumbled upon the so-called Celebi Egg Trick, and proceeded to use it 3 times--one for Celebi, one for Ho-oh, and one for Lugia. However, all 3 times, I have had some strange things happen that I haven't seen documented in other people's descriptions of the glitch. The first oddity comes after moving the egg to the top of the party, on the step that has you "deposit the next 4 party pokemon (not the egg)". 2 out of 3 times, during this step, I had my game freeze after depositing the fourth pokemon, however after restarting my game and re-depositing the pokemon, I was able to proceed (as well as figure out why the game probably froze--the egg's name had turned into a thousand question marks). The other strange occurance comes after the Celebi/Ho-oh/Lugia has been hatched. It hatches at level 0 as planned, and so I proceed to level it up using Rare Candies to make it a stable pokemon as well as to make it learn its starting moves. It is at this point of the trick where the most strange things happen, however, seeing as it was different all three times I did it, I want to list everything that happened.

Celebi: Hatched from egg at L0. Leveled it up to L1 with no problem, and it learned its four starting moves. Leveled it up to L2, and was greeted with two evolutionary screens, both displaying the message "What? ? is evolving?" and the first of which showed a Sandshrew evolving into a Sandslash whereas the second showed a Houndour evolving into a Houndoom. No such pokemon were ever found in my box or my party afterward.

Ho-oh: Hatched from egg at L0. Leveled it up to L1, and was again greeted by mysterious evolutionary screens telling me "What? ? is evolving?" only this time there were at least 5 or 6 of them each displaying random pokemon evolving into a higher form. The same sequence of evolutionary screens was seen upon leveling it up to L2.

Lugia: Hatched from egg at L0. Immediately after receiving the message "Lugia came out of its egg!", I was shown yet another egg hatching screen. This one also showed a Lugia, but this one said "?????? came out of its egg!". Upon leveling it up to L1, I was shown another random series of evolutionary screens, the strangest of which showed a pokemon that was comprised of 6 rows of 6 backward lowercase q's. Not desiring to find out what horribly glitched sprite this would evolve into, I pressed the B button to cancel it. Again, I was shown the same series of evolutionary screens at L2.

In all three of these cases, none of the evolutions shown were ever seen in my boxes or my PC. In fact, after deleting the bad clone glitch pokemon as well as the other pokemon that were made unstable as a result of the glitch, I have seen no negative side effects. However, the point of this topic is to inquire as to why I am receiving these strange messages. The only possible reason I can think of is that I have skipped a step all three times I have done the glitch..a step I considered unimportant. Step 12 asks you to "withdraw all pokemon not used for this trick" but seeing as I didn't use an empty box for the trick, I had at least 12 pokemon I didn't use in the trick, and therefore had no idea which I was supposed to withdraw. This led to me hatching the egg with it being the only pokemon in my party. That is the only place that I deviated from the instructions, so it seems likely that it is the culprit. However, it seems wise to me to ask those with more knowledge of said glitch than myself before proceeding to use the trick again. If you have anything to offer, please do so.
---
MKWii FC: 2878-9994-3979 Mii Name: SD*Frigz
[21:23:31]<Jerk>If you lag like you used to, will you tryout for iS? O_O
#2TheFrigz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2009 6:17:13 PM
Well, after re-performing the glitch with withdrawing a pokemon during Step 12, I was able to successfully level the hatched pokemon up without any glitchy evolutionary messages. My only question now is: did performing the glitch 3 times without withdrawing a pokemon during Step 12 cause my game to be harmed in ways I cannot detect?
---
#3VideoGamer992Posted 8/24/2009 9:12:48 AM
strangest of which showed a pokemon that was comprised of 6 rows of 6 backward lowercase q's.

You mean p's?
---
Vince: "Hi its vince with Shamwow! its like a shammy(wtf?) its like a towel. regualar towals dont work wet nor dry. germens always make gud stuff -Y_shoota
#4TheFrigz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2009 10:06:04 AM
Thanks for all your help man! I really appreciate all the information in your post!
---
#5God_is_GodPosted 8/25/2009 7:44:41 PM
What egg trick?
---
Rescues so far: 16, 14 in level one dungeons
#6TheFrigz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2009 2:41:55 PM
Clearly I'm asking on the wrong board.
---
#7saturos_4_everPosted 8/26/2009 11:35:00 PM
I'm not entirely sure but I would say that not withdrawing them would have been what caused the glitch
---
Captain Falcon is Chuck Norris. He is also Jackie Chan, The Stig and Optimus Prime. Thus making him god almighty
Let's count to infinity.. 8999, 9000, Infinity