questions about eggs...

#1ruby_saucePosted 2/28/2011 12:07:59 PM(edited)
the IVs are determined when you accept the egg right? not when it is made? so if I were to save before accepting the egg, the IVs would be different if I would accept it first, then load it and accept it again right?

and if I trade an egg to someone else, and it hatches with them, they are the original trainer, right?

so if I would accept an egg, and save, then hatch it to find it has good IVs, load the save, use the duplication trick on it and trade it to my brother and sister, they would have the exact same pokemon with the same IVs, but with their own names as original trainer... right?

This is not really based on anything, I just think I remember it was like this. Could anyone confirm or deny?
---
some people say cucumbers taste better pickled
#2pokedude7Posted 2/28/2011 2:36:30 PM
the IVs are determined when you accept the egg right? not when it is made?

Right. When you get the starter from Elm, you can get one with good IV's by saving before you pick it, then restarting if it doesn't have the stats you want.

so if I were to save before accepting the egg, the IVs would be different if I would accept it first, then load it and accept it again right?

Probably. The stats might be different.

and if I trade an egg to someone else, and it hatches with them, they are the original trainer, right?

Right-o, For a pokemon from the egg, the OT is whoever hatched the egg.

so if I would accept an egg, and save, then hatch it to find it has good IVs, load the save, use the duplication trick on it and trade it to my brother and sister, they would have the exact same pokemon with the same IVs, but with their own names as original trainer... right?

Yep, except; what would you do if the egg doesn't have good IV's? There you are with a save with an egg with horrible IV's.

Could anyone confirm or deny?

Confirmed.
#3ruby_sauce(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2011 2:56:05 PM

Yep, except; what would you do if the egg doesn't have good IV's? There you are with a save with an egg with horrible IV's.

well what I would do, is save before it hatches, and if it has good IVs, reload so its still an egg, then duplicate it, and then distribute among my siblings :P

also, 1 more question, if I have a pokemon in daycare trying to make multiple eggs, if I leave it there and it learns a new move, will the baby also know that move or will it only have the moves it knew when it was originally put in there? because I have a male exeggcute with moonlight, Im breeding it with a shiny ditto to try and get a shiny exeggcute, but after a while (at around lvl 25 or something) it will overwrite moonlight with another move. will the baby still know moonlight or will it only know the 4 moves the exeggcute currently knows?
---
#4Tempo613Posted 2/28/2011 5:29:15 PM
I think eggs made after the attack is erased will have the new attack, not the old.
---
The only stupid question is the one that's never asked.
A curious mind is a fertile mind.
#5Element-17Posted 2/28/2011 6:24:17 PM
You can avoid that by rearranging Exeggcute's moves or simply evolving it into an Exeggutor after it learns its last attack.
---
Why bother making a signature?
#6pokedude7Posted 3/1/2011 5:10:38 AM
Actually, the offspring will hatch knowing the moves that the pokemon knew when you put it in Daycare, any moves learned in Daycare will be ignored.
#7Element-17Posted 3/1/2011 7:01:38 AM
No, I've repeatedly confirmed that it depends on the parents' moveset when the Egg is created.
---
#8ruby_sauce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2011 3:14:48 PM
and what move exactly gets overwritten? the last one learned, or will they go from top to bottom, and then start again?

because in that case I could always move the egg move to the bottom, have it overwrite the first few moves, take it out, put it back in and it will start overwriting from the top again?

is there any way from stopping them from overwriting my egg move?
---
#9Element-17Posted 3/2/2011 5:56:40 PM
The game deletes the topmost move and the new move goes on the bottom. It also doesn't care about the parents' movesets, so Egg move or not, it could get deleted.
---
#10ruby_sauce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 3:50:11 AM

The game deletes the topmost move and the new move goes on the bottom. It also doesn't care about the parents' movesets, so Egg move or not, it could get deleted.

I have an exeggcute, and my sister has a psyduck. Both have egg moves that need to be kept (moonlight and psychic). so if our movesets are:
some move
some move
some move
psychic / moonlight

and it levels enough to learn 3 moves, it will be:
psychic / moonlight
some new move
some new move
some new move

so if I take it out, put it on the bottom again, the proces will repeat?

because that would be good, then its more then maneagable to keep them breeding with the correct move.
---