Possible to clone the Mysterious Egg?

#1jimhalpert789Posted 12/27/2011 3:48:56 PM
I hadn't ever really thought of it, but is it possible to clone the Mysterious Egg to get more shiny pokemon?
---
-Fat Halpert
#2jimhalpert789(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2011 4:11:39 PM
I posted this on three boards and was incorrect on all of them. I meant "Odd Egg".
---
-Fat Halpert
#3Element-17Posted 12/27/2011 8:58:50 PM
You can clone the Odd Egg, but you will get the exact same Pokémon. If you haven't received the Egg yet, there is a variation of the cloning glitch that allows to hatch different Pokémon.
---
Why bother making a signature?
#4jimhalpert789(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 2:45:24 PM
That sounds like the kind of glitch I'm looking for. Is there somewhere the glitch is explained?
---
-Fat Halpert
#5Element-17Posted 12/30/2011 10:32:48 AM
For the most part, you can't save. I'll try to explain it.

1. Save before you get the Egg.
2. Use the clone glitch (deposit the Egg, try to save, turn off before finishing).

When you reset the game, you should be before the old man and have an Egg in the box.

Another method is to get the Egg and let it hatch. If it's a Pokémon you like, "clone" it as you would above, and repeat.

Again, it's crucial that you keep your save file at the point before you get the Egg, or else you can't get any more.
---
#6AdroitRefPosted 12/30/2011 9:05:42 PM
That's exactly how you do it. I recently started my Crystal over to perform this trick. I kept doing it so that I could get a Pichu and the other baby Pokémon. I got Pichu on my third time around and it turned out to be shiny! How Marvellous is that?! I would recommend that you clone the egg though instead of waiting for it to hatch and then cloning the Pokémon because if you clone the Pokémon it won't show up on your Pokédex because you never officially received it. When the egg hatches, the Pokémon will show up on your Pokédex.
#7jimhalpert789(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 10:34:54 PM
I was thinking that it would be better to hatch the egg then clone the pokemon, because I thought that if you just cloned the egg you wouldn't know how many eggs you would need to clone to obtain all of the pokemon, so even if you had 16 eggs, you may not get each of the baby pokemon, but i suppose if you clone the egg then when you reload your game you can hatch it and then go and receive another egg, because you reload it before you have received the egg.

So the cloning glitch works on crystal, it's just harder?
---
-Fat Halpert
#8Element-17Posted 12/31/2011 10:10:47 AM
So the cloning glitch works on crystal, it's just harder?

I wouldn't know, since I've never played Gold or Silver, but I personally don't have any issues with it.
---
#9GunbladeladPosted 1/5/2012 10:48:06 AM
From what I've heard on Crystal you simply have to be more precise with timing on the cloning exploit.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming