Copying save files?

#1JohnGaltPosted 2/9/2009 9:54:58 AM
I had an error message a while ago when trying to repatch to Version 1.2 I am afraid I will need to reinstall the game. My question is, I am worried about my save files, so where are they so that I can copy and export them in case they get corrupted? They don't appear to be in any of the main game folders...thanks.
---
"I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ask him to live for me-John Galt
#2aetherspoon(Moderator)Posted 2/9/2009 5:27:38 PM
c:\Program Files\3DO\Might and Magic VI\Saves or c:\Program Files\Might and Magic VI\Saves, depending on which version of the game you have and where you installed things at.

Also, any particular reason why you're installing 1.2 over Mok's 1.3?
---
Ęther SPOON!
Resident junk computer part expert, owner of #aspoonedroom
#3JohnGalt(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2009 8:44:18 PM
This is going to sound dumb but I am in the Might Magic VI folder and the save folder isn't showing up (really) and I know my saves are there....very confused. as far as the patch I forgot about 1.3...until i started playing recently I hadn't played for so long I forgot what was the latest one.
---
"I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ask him to live for me-John Galt
#4JohnGalt(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2009 9:33:50 AM
I still can't find where they are for future reference. It sounds so very stupid but I don't see them in the Might Magic folder at all. I see files for the game update, execute file, game.lod but none of my saves. so strange. I know how stupid that must sound...I am running Vista could that be the problem?
---
#5aetherspoon(Moderator)Posted 2/16/2009 5:26:38 PM
There aren't any folders in your MM6 folder at all?
---
Ęther SPOON!
Resident junk computer part expert, owner of #aspoonedroom
#6JohnGalt(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2009 10:26:01 AM
I see anims, sound, gameup, and data...thats it.
---
More topics from this board...
Order to do things?AzeaBraxi159/14 7:40AM