What do you need to solo lvl 4 missions?

#1ReptilesBladePosted 1/11/2009 10:29:48 PM
I have a Raven, do I need anything else or should I just stick to the level 3s I know I can handle?
---
The best board on the site!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=510
#2BarrowhitePosted 1/12/2009 4:28:05 AM
I prefer a Megathron for PvE. Turrets and the megas max sized drone bay give it more damage and does that damage to targets of any size. Raven sucks for PvE because of how little damage it does especially since the Missile changes in QR.

Also, just so happens the Mega is and has always been a premier PvP ship. So Gallente is a good way to go seeing as Caldari only has 3 good ships at the moment, The Crow (not -that- good however), the Falcon (Nerfing is immenint) and the Rokh, Mega is superior to a Rokh due to superior damage and much better tracking. (37.5% tracking bounus on a mega)

Although, a Raven require much less skill to fly, both pilot skill and skillpoint wise. Its very, very hard to do it wrong. With about 5m skillpoints specced towards support skills and skills towards flying a raven you can easily do any level 4.

I would say its closer to 12m with a Megathron.
---
Mr.Kipling just launched a nuclear holocaust at third world countries!.... but he does make exceedingly good cakes
#3vonkaverpelPosted 1/13/2009 10:38:29 AM
Safe way to try out level 4's is to get a buddy in an Osprey with remote shield repairers follow you into mission. So if you start getting ganked by rats the Osprey can remotely repair you. Don't forget to take small T2 drones with you to kill off warp scrambling frigates. Once you kill them off there is virtually no danger as you can warp out any time.
#4VoronePosted 1/13/2009 5:16:29 PM
Get a dominix, dual large armor rep IIs, armor hardners, load up with cap rechargers and walla. AFK level 4 machine :P
---
\\ .// //\\ |[]| //\\ ||\\ || |[ A NEW LEVEL OF
.\\//. \\// ||\\ \\// || \\|| |[ CONFIDENCE AND POWER!
#5MarikhenPosted 1/13/2009 10:38:08 PM
Ravens are fine for L4 missions.

You should probably look at getting a setup like this for it:

[Raven, New Setup 7]
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II
Ballistic Control System II

X-Large C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Ballistic Deflection Field II
Ballistic Deflection Field II
Heat Dissipation Field II
Heat Dissipation Field II
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron

XT-9000 Cruise Launcher, Paradise Cruise Missile
Heavy Diminishing Power System Drain I
Heavy Diminishing Power System Drain I

Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

I chose those specific launchers because they're decent DPS while still being somewhat cheap, The best named XL booster is used because of CPU constraints and the fact that I couldn't for the life of me think of what to put in a low slot with just 7 CPU that would actually be useful to a raven.

You can, of course, downgrade all the T2 gear to named and T1 but it'll also reduce the effectiveness. Also, I strongly recommend that you practice with a setup like this in L3 missions before you fly it in L4s and that when you start L4s you not only insure it but you make sure you are *always* aligned with a station, jump gate, moon, or something so that you can instantly warp out the moment you know your goose is cooked.

Without the vampires on NPC ships the XL booster will eat your cap like a 5 year old eats Halloween candy and even with it the thing'll chew through your cap fast so get aggro in the smallest clumps possible until you learn the missions, blow up the BCs first then the battleships and let your drones take care off the small ships in the order of destroyers, frigates, and then cruisers.

---
"Let me get this straight: you think I'm evil if I take a group of teenage girls on a camping trip and I *don't* touch them?- Giles, Buffy
#6ReptilesBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2009 2:13:25 AM
Thank you all!

---
The best board on the site!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=510
#7DamillioPosted 1/22/2009 12:28:50 PM
hah ok, How do you know when it is a lvl 3 or lvl 4 mission? Or am I just not far enough yet.
---
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
#8InFoMaDPosted 1/22/2009 1:03:12 PM
I can run any mission with nothing but a raven.
But with a CNR it is even faster. With a basilisk following you it is impossible to die and makes for some seriously fast grinding. Unless you have some serious bad luck.

Oh, and to do level 4 missions require nothing but for you to accept a mission from a level 4 agent.
---
Tibi Ipsi Dic Vere