Sentinel Build

#1Chariot_of_GodPosted 4/24/2012 10:20:32 PM
So I have an idea for a Sentinel build that I want to try in about 1 month lol. What do you think?

All turrets are Vamps or Energy Neutralizers with tackle equipment. The idea being tackle and drain cap.

This would be a fleet build obviously, intending for others to bring the pain.

My only concern is how quickly the Neutralizers and Vamps can hit the enemy capacitor. Are they efficient enough to make this build?
---
Eve Online: Abel Merkabah
#2reaver894Posted 4/25/2012 8:25:55 AM
you want a decent skilled Bhalgorn(sp) pilot with good equipment.

Also i thought this topic was going to be about sentry drones. Hangover + similar words = me reading something a few times
---
I refuse to buy a Wii until it has a game that uses a Fleshlight as an attachment!
GamerTag: reaver894
#3tuffguy34Posted 4/25/2012 9:29:59 AM

you want a decent skilled Bhalgorn(sp) pilot with good equipment.

Also i thought this topic was going to be about sentry drones. Hangover + similar words = me reading something a few times

What are you talking about? He asked about a sentinel...

I don't think its a good idea to put a point on a sentinel because you want to be as far away as possible and the midslots are better dedicated to TD's.
---
|WoT|
http://eve-kill.net/sig.php/563518/default/signature.jpg
#4stoltenberg11Posted 4/25/2012 10:39:29 AM
yeah drop the warp disruptor for tracking disruptors. i dont think you can really be too far away in a sentinel though, they dont get that much range on their neuts.

and dont even think about flying a bhaalgorn yet. after sentinel you should look at a curse
---
SLAM JAM BAM BABY!
#5Chariot_of_God(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:26:58 AM
Thank you for advice...I thought Energy drain combined with tackle would work well because drain would prevent afterburner use, or limit how long it can be used.

I'll check out the parts that you have suggested and try to figure out the builds strengths and weaknesses.

One question, why do you recommend a lot of range for Sentinel? For Frigs (excluding missile frigs), don't you want high speed and close orbit? That would create a lot of lateral movement, which would help against the tracking of the enemies. Or is there something I am missing with this? Isn't a frig at range more succesptable to the larger guns in the game?
---
#6stoltenberg11Posted 4/25/2012 11:38:39 AM
if youre in a fleet then someone else will or at least should have tackle. your ship gets a bonus to tracking disruptor effectiveness so youre better served to use them plus they will help keep you and others alive longer
---
SLAM JAM BAM BABY!
#7stoltenberg11Posted 4/25/2012 11:40:12 AM
to answer your question, sentinels get neut range bonuses; i think they can neut out to 16km or so. if you fit tracking disruptors with optimal range speed you can lower the range of enemy's guns and they wont be able to hit you at 16km

be wary of missile boats though
---
SLAM JAM BAM BABY!
#8Chariot_of_God(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:42:09 AM
stoltenberg11 posted...
to answer your question, sentinels get neut range bonuses; i think they can neut out to 16km or so. if you fit tracking disruptors with optimal range speed you can lower the range of enemy's guns and they wont be able to hit you at 16km

That makes sense. Going to check out TDs when I get on tonight, make sure I have the skills for them...thanks again for the advice...
---
#9Chariot_of_God(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:42:40 AM
stoltenberg11 posted...

That makes sense. Going to check out TDs when I get on tonight, make sure I have the skills for them...thanks again for the advice...
---
#10Chariot_of_God(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:43:51 AM
Sry for double post...board told me first message erred, so I resubmitted.
---