Started a new game.

#1The moonlight knightPosted 8/28/2012 7:53:57 PM
I've been playing them all in the order I got them. I started with King's Field (US), then the next one, then Shadow Tower, then Eternal Ring. I can't play Abyss, so this is my last stop down memory lane.

I'm surprised some of the stuff I seemed to just totally forget. Like underwater stuff. @_@
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#2guwaPosted 8/31/2012 2:05:34 AM
Have fun!
---
http://i.imgur.com/TWSMj.png
#3The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2012 1:13:35 PM
I am. This one is having a stronger pull on me than the others, for whatever reason.

Since I didn't get rid of the Fadins this time, I suppose since I might not have anything else to play for awhile I may stick to this and try and level a bunch of stuff up this time.
---
#4The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2012 12:23:03 PM
Dark Defiler dropped on my 4th kill. Wow.

Never been that lucky before.

As it turns out, it's apparently the best weapon you can get when you first enter that area. Well, maybe not if like I assume a lot of enemies have some resistance to dark. Still, pretty awesome.
---
#5The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 8:25:35 PM
Well I'm at the end. u_u

This marathon trip down memory lane was pretty neat, but reliving the end of the series, too, has depressed me. Made worse by the fact I have nothing left to play after this. This has reminded me of the void in my life this series ending left.

Nothing more to do before the end except level up spells, which I don't think will hold my attention for long. Upgrading weapons is even more boring. I just hope the magic high end weapons don't get visually upgraded magic attacks at level 3 because I would want to get them to level 3 then, but it's horribly tedious.

Also, flame breath I leveled to 3, and it was a pain. I don't think it gets EXP for rapidly hitting foes, or even hitting multiple foes. It just has "successful cast that hit something" and after that it stops mattering, making leveling it by just doing very brief bursts the most efficient. If that is indeed the case, it makes leveling it counter-intuitive and also pretty much assures you'd never level it to 3 playing normally.
---
#6silhouetemiragePosted 9/5/2012 7:21:08 PM
Maybe give another oft ignored cult classic a go?

I'm a huge KF fan, and I've always found some of the same great atmosphere in Call of Cthulhu, Cursed Mountain, and Arx Fatalis. Just happened to be thinking about them on the Cursed Mountain board, so thought I'd mention them here too!
---
*Twirl*
#7The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 9:21:44 PM
I'd like to try new stuff, but I'm not in the best position to get new games really. @_@
---
#8The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 4:21:17 AM
I finished the game, and decided to reload and level weapons. I didn't do that last time, because I goofed and got rid of the...face things.

It wasn't quite as tedious as I worried. Even a slower weapon like Dark Defiler only took around like...18ish minutes.

Surprisingly, Wavecrasher is so damn awesome, I got it to level 3 in 10 minutes. Alternating between two faces, I was going so fast they barely had time to respawn by the time I was back to hitting them.

So far, I have the following weapons at 3: Moonlight Sword, Triple Fang (In case anyone who hasn't played this yet doesn't want to know of non-obvious returning swords), Black Scar, Tsunami, Dark Defiler, Windslayer, Wavecrasher, Queen's Staff... I think that's it.

I'd like to get Ancient Sword to 3, but even with the whole set equipped, it still swings like it weighs over 20 pounds. T_T That would probably take 45 minutes... If I do do it, it'll be while watching TV and blindly swinging. >_>

Earthquake may take awhile, too, but I'll try to help that along with reckless strength.

I'd like to get all the special weapons leveled, and maybe also the fist, just for giggles.

I've also noticed the amount weapons improve seems to be impossible to anticipate. Some have only gotten a mild increase, while others increase in a strange way where one value goes up far more than others, even though it wasn't overly higher to begin with. Wavecrasher being a fine example of this. It starts with 50 light and 50 wind, and at level 3, it has 77 light and 61 wind. Moonlight Sword has immense jumps in light power as it levels. I've also noticed even from 2 to 3, the increase within a single weapon may not be consistent.

At level 3, Windslayer's wind power is tied for 2nd place as the highest single elemental power on a weapon, second to the Moonlight Sword. Though if you factor in multi-elements and combine them, I think Ancient Sword may have the most magical power combined, then Moonlight Sword, with Wavecrasher very close behind in 3rd.
---
#9BarkitaPosted 10/2/2012 7:06:25 PM
I am so jealous, with all the times I have played this game I have never gotten Dark Defiler.
---
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>
#10The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 9:33:49 AM
The one that gives me the most trouble is Spider. I've only got that once, and it was many years after I finished King's Field.

I also got a pretty amazing drop in Shadow Tower that I don't even see any documentation of online. Called... King's Amulet, or something like that. It's very powerful. One of the masks on the wall in Illusion World dropped it.

Makes me wonder what other rare powerful drops that game has hidden in it still.
---