Help in Blast Pit

#1Cyris_WinheimPosted 8/19/2009 8:35:15 PM
I'm stumped as to how to get down the big room with the giant claws in the center...
---
Not changing my signature until people stop making signatures about not changing their signatures until X happens.
#2bhamvPosted 8/19/2009 9:26:12 PM
You may have noticed a security guard telling you, "Shhh... it hears us."

You may have noticed another security guard yelling at the Tentacles while firing a pistol at them, and getting sliced to bits.

You may have noticed some grenades lying around the room.

You may have noticed you make very little sound if you crouch and walk slowly.

Hope that helps.
#3betatechPosted 8/20/2009 12:18:48 AM
try here for gameplay issues:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/43362.html
---
Intel core 2 duo E8400 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM, Ati Radeon HD4850 512mb.
XBL/PSN/SteamID:tech3475
#4RainingMetalPosted 8/20/2009 5:31:10 AM
Use the Grenades to distract the tentacles if you're in a hurry.
---
Wii came, Wii saw, Wii kicked its ass!" - Ghostbusters
Steam Name: Newman (RM)
#5Cyris_Winheim(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2009 7:26:42 AM
Actually, I couldn't hear what the guard was saying over the noise. How do you turn on subtitles?
---
Not changing my signature until people stop making signatures about not changing their signatures until X happens.
#6Cyris_Winheim(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2009 6:03:54 PM
So I got the generator working, and a big fan...but the only way I haven't gone is into the fuel room, and it's locked!
---
#7mrcivic88Posted 8/22/2009 7:10:56 PM

So I got the generator working, and a big fan...but the only way I haven't gone is into the fuel room, and it's locked!

*SPOILERS*

In the same room as the fuel room door is a grate over a hole. Bust the grate, fall down the hole, follow the path and you eventually end up in the fuel room.

*END SPOLIERS*
#8ThatPersonPosted 8/23/2009 6:48:28 AM
So yeah. I didn't know until friggin XEN that you need to sneak around those tentacles, and not run around avoiding them. Frantically climbing ladders and smacking planks with your crowbar while muttering "Sh** sh** sh** hurry up hurry up F$%K ARGGGGGG" is very fun.

Blast Pit has to be the chapter I reloaded the most, due in large part to me not putting two and two together at ALL during that chapter. It took till I tried throwing grenades up at the planks in that fan room, knowing they shouldn't be able to hit that far, for me to realize what the point of the fan was.