can you go through the game without picking up guns?

#1LinkH8sNaviPosted 3/25/2008 9:19:02 PM
topic
---
"if life is like a box of chocolates i must be getting the orange toothpaste ones"-me
#2LinkH8sNavi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2008 10:05:33 PM
bump
---
"if life is like a box of chocolates i must be getting the orange toothpaste ones"-me
#3superbuu3Posted 3/26/2008 4:23:02 AM
on normal i don't think it would be that hard i did most of it using the wooden plank (i didn't find the lead pipe till much later in the game cause i missed it)

i think the great knife could easily take care of bosses, but then again how are you gonna hit ceiling enemies?
---
why don't you stop trying to save the world and get a hobby
#4RebornKusabiPosted 3/26/2008 6:46:57 AM
If you mean literally then no, as far as I know you must pick up the pistol to trigger a cutscene...

If you mean, "Can I go through the whole game without firing a shot from a firearm" then again its no- there are 2 bosses that are impossible to fight without a gun...
---
Adam Sessler- "Silent Hill is like Resident Evil's older brother that spends his time reading literature instead of playing Duck Hunt."
#5SwordznGunzPosted 3/26/2008 8:03:47 AM
You have to pick up the pistol, it's necessary.

The shotgun and rifle are not.
#6superbuu3Posted 3/28/2008 6:31:30 AM
thats what i thought
but which two bosses are they?
---
#7Silent-HalPosted 3/28/2008 12:40:24 PM
The bosses are the Flesh Lips (the hangers in the hospital) and the final boss. Since they are up out of reach you can't hit them with melee weapons.
#8Metal SnakePosted 3/28/2008 1:06:47 PM
Are you certain about the hangers? I'm certain I hit one with the plank's ovehead attack, just to see if it would be impossible.
---
sign
ladies and gentlemen, it's a ****ing werewolf!
#9LinkH8sNavi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2008 1:09:20 PM
ya i think you can hit the final boss with the great knifes overhead attack and yes you can hit the hangers with any overhead attack.
---
#10superbuu3Posted 3/28/2008 1:41:37 PM
so it is possible

its more of a question of how good you are at dodging

by the way how do you block effectively?
---