Any other games like this?

#1Darth_nachoPosted 4/4/2009 1:16:46 PM
My friend was telling me about this and it seems like it was a pretty spiffy game.

Does anyone know of any other games like this or plans for another game like this?
---
Walruses have nice flippers, but it's too bad they can't wear socks, because socks are so adorable.
#2Marth_KoopaPosted 4/17/2009 1:14:27 PM
There are no other MMOFPS games in existence(Huxley? lolno), as far as I know, and I've scoured the internet for them.

Now if only Blizzard would make an MMOFPS out of the Starcraft universe.... that thing would NEVER die and it would be at least tolerable
#3Loogie_ManPosted 5/3/2009 10:33:45 AM
There are other MMOFPS games out there. In fact, Planetside wasn't the first to do it. Project Visitor and World War II Online were the first two. Afterwards, Neocron came out but that game was largely a hybrid of FPS and MMORPG. As of right now, Planetside is the definitive MMOFPS, but that really doesn't say much of the genre.

The genre is still new and the big upcoming title is Huxley.
---
A man stalks his victim...surreptitiously.
#4Marth_KoopaPosted 5/6/2009 4:51:13 PM
LOL HUXLEY

Every time someone brings up that game when talking about MMOFPSs... I raaaage

Huxley isn't an MMOFPS, it's a joke game
#5jthale2000Posted 5/7/2009 8:55:21 AM

Battlefield 2142 reminds me of Planetside, although technically speaking they are both very different games.

I think alot of Planetside players dropped there subscription when BF2142 was released.

#6Loogie_ManPosted 5/7/2009 12:37:13 PM
jthale2000
Posted 5/7/2009 9:55:21 AM
message detail

Battlefield 2142 reminds me of Planetside, although technically speaking they are both very different games.

I think alot of Planetside players dropped there subscription when BF2142 was released.

Maybe. I've always believed it was the lack of content and variety of gameplay.

Marth_Koopa
Posted 5/6/2009 5:51:13 PM
message detail

LOL HUXLEY

Every time someone brings up that game when talking about MMOFPSs... I raaaage

Huxley isn't an MMOFPS, it's a joke game

Why is it a joke game?

---
A man stalks his victim...surreptitiously.
#7Marth_KoopaPosted 5/7/2009 8:27:55 PM
Why is it a joke game?

Many reasons

Look at all the typo and grammar errors on the official website
NPC factions should NOT exist in MMOFPS games, it should be completely player driven
Houses.... HOUSES... Why the hell do you need a house in a FPS? I don't want to waste time dinking around in a house, I want to spend that time out in the world shooting my enemies.

And the BIGGEST thing of all, it isn't a true MMO, it's just going to be an elaborate server driven FPS like counter strike, with a server cap of 120 players, 60v60.

and many more reasons

JOKE
GAME
#8SKYeXilePosted 5/14/2009 1:42:27 AM
Yes i dont quite get the concept of create servers to support massive amounts of players in one zone, claim to be an "MMOFPS" then instance all your combat, while taxing your players $15 a month, for what they will basically get playing on a UT3 RPG server.
---
SKYeXile : Future Crew Gaming
Future-crew.net