Planetside next in development?

#1CJTheInvaderPosted 3/17/2011 1:09:47 PM

Taken from game radar

It's time for some personal revelations here for anyone who still doesn't know: I have a crush on PlanetSide that rivals Charlie Barratt's love affair with Gabriel Knight. I mention it any chance I get. It's my favorite game of all time. I played it on a regular basis for seven years. And so, with the confirmation today that yes, the next installment in the PlanetSide franchise is indeed coming in 2011, I'm excited for a game in a way I haven't been in years. If you're wondering why you should be excited, let me enlighten you below.

The "announcement" started earlier this week when John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment, let slip to The Escapist that, "We have a very big launch coming in the month of March. It's a big first person shooter franchise that we're really happy with." When asked if it was PlanetSide Next (a term coined by Smedley on his blog, and still considered a working title), he answered: "Could be. We haven't technically announced it."

Well, consider it official, because today on the PlanetSide forums, Paul "Virrago" Williams, the Senior Community Relations manager casually mentioned in a thread: "We're excited to confirm that we will be continuing the PlanetSide franchise with an all-new FPS action game next year.More details will be coming soon…"

Theres more in the article. Search it up.

I neeed to go change my pants. BRB!

Discuss.

#2Grimshot87Posted 3/18/2011 2:43:44 PM
Awesome, lets hope they don't make the same mistakes they made last time...