This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Demoman Hat?

#1GambitGTPosted 7/19/2010 8:15:42 PM
I'm going to craft my demo hat next week, and I was wondering what your guys thoughts on the best looking one was.

I like the hallmark, though it's not my favorite. I like the Bonnet most, and then maybe hallmark second. Tricorn and Stovepipe are on the bottom of my list.

Should I just straight up craft my fedora with stovepipe if iget it? or does it still look decent
#2MetalzdragonPosted 7/19/2010 8:18:12 PM
You forgot the Demoman's Fro.

I personally don't like the Scotsman's Stovepipe since it's too similar to the Ghastly Gibus. I would craft it away if you get it.
#3WeylandTheSmithPosted 7/19/2010 8:19:07 PM
The Glengarry (read: Balmoral) bonnet for sure.
---
I make a lot of scones.
#4Dante200XPosted 7/19/2010 8:19:10 PM
Hallmark is nice
---
"I'm not reading reviews when I can just ask this board." - TormakSaber asking about Sam & Max on the TF2 board
#5monarchhzPosted 7/19/2010 8:19:23 PM
Stovepipe is tooo similar to the Gibus. New medics would see it and not uber you. Why? Because you don't have a demo hat and therefore your not a pro demo.

Glengarry Bonnet
Tipplers Tricorne
Hustlers Hallmark
Demo Fro
Stove Pipe

is how I see it. From best to worst.
---
PSN: Zheng1337
#6GambitGT(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2010 8:19:53 PM
we don't talk about the fro in this thread

<- (Crafted fro with hound dog and got a fedora before he decided to main demo)
#7battery34Posted 7/19/2010 8:26:39 PM
My demo hat tier list

Bonnet
Fro
Hallmark
Tricorne
Stovepipe

Hallmark is a straight upgrade from the Tricorne, the Fro is subtle but amazing, and the Bonnet flat out rocks.
---
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
William Shakespeare
#8lYMICrazylPosted 7/19/2010 9:25:30 PM
I like bonnet the best followed by the pirate looking one. The bonnet has that little pom pom and a nice tf2 crest in the front. I just enjoy the quality.
---
*Straps on some lollerskates*
#9Glitch_The3rdPosted 7/19/2010 10:11:16 PM
Scotsman's Stovepipe, if you also equip the Pain Train, you can be T-Pain Train. Sure, you can use the Gibus, but then T-Pain Train would have to be poor and Irish instead of a right respectable negro gentleman.
---
PSN ID: BinfordDude; Steam: glitchthe3rd
Waiting For: Guild Wars 2 (PC); Dead Space 2, AC: Brotherhood, LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
#10ElemenopePosted 7/20/2010 1:26:49 AM
the fro is amazing and seems much less common than all the other 1st gen hats (though still a pretty common hat)

as always rarest is best, and I see the bonnet, hallmark and tricorne all about equally. I never see stove-pipes probably because I just assume that they're gibus's
---
Humans, our best friends, yet our greatest weakness. - Bu113tPr00fM4n
Dear God, please kill Peter Parker.