This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know any good pub highlander servers?

#1guncrashdxPosted 11/10/2011 1:30:08 PM
Topic.
---
My name is guncrashdx, but you can just call me TC.
#2Alpha218Posted 11/10/2011 1:45:55 PM
Would also like to know this, so I can practice my Pyro a bit
---
www.lostfacts.net - A cool spinoff site!
Current Events' biggest Metroid fan
#3Some_HoarPosted 11/10/2011 1:48:03 PM
no
---
pub players don't know that if you airshot meatshot 180 double uber it spawns shipping containers
HiddenBlade_X on tf2
#4koc262Posted 11/10/2011 1:49:16 PM

These two words contradict.
---
You made me swallow my gum! That's going to be in my digestive tract for seven years!
#5guncrashdx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2011 2:25:11 PM
koc262 posted...

These two words contradict.

lol no.

If anything pub highlander is more contradicting than good pubs. There's great pubs out there.
---
#6CrayolaNinjaPosted 11/10/2011 3:54:39 PM
no, they all sucked and no one wanted to play on them so they all shut down.
#7Sir 0rionPosted 11/10/2011 4:27:32 PM
The problem with pub Highlander games is that when someone doesn't get to play what they want, they just leave the server, and it empties quickly.

Just go to tf2lobby and look for a Highlander lobby. It's more consistent and a lot easier.
#8guncrashdx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2011 6:39:00 PM(edited)
Sir 0rion posted...
The problem with pub Highlander games is that when someone doesn't get to play what they want, they just leave the server, and it empties quickly.

Just go to tf2lobby and look for a Highlander lobby. It's more consistent and a lot easier.

The thing is, it's such a hassle to gain a full highlander match in the middle of a weekday. You may need to wait as long as an hour or more. Plus tf2lobby is competitive based, so they'll seriously be ticked off at you if you're not doing so well.
---
#9Alpha218Posted 11/10/2011 6:19:03 PM
I wish people on CE would pay attention to the topic so we would have a full roster for the games we plan to do :/
---
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae81/Alpha218/alpha218sig.jpg - by swordtossZ
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/564484- www.lostfacts.net
#10Sir 0rionPosted 11/10/2011 6:25:12 PM

The thing is, it's such a hassle to gain a full highlander match in the middle of a weekday. You may need to wait as long as an hour or more. Plus tf2lobby is competitive based, so they'll be seriously be ticked off at you if you're not doing so well.

As much of a hassle it is, it's really the only practical way to get a reasonably full server for a full game. Doing so on a pub server is very much like herding cats... with blindfolds on.

And I hate to say it, but tf2lobby isn't especially competitive. Yes, there are SRS BSNS players on it, but as a whole, it's basically organized pubbing in the competitive format. I don't think you'll get chewed out TOO badly for nothing being the best on a regular basis.