This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scout unlock idea: Baseball (original)

#1TimrodPosted 1/2/2009 5:58:14 PM
Pistol replacement.

The Baseball

+:

Allows the Scout to throw a baseball, which does no damage and does not distract sentries.

The Scout can use alt-fire to rapidly slide in a straight line twoard the baseball. While sliding, the Scout is so fast that not even sentries can target him (teleport speed). Enemies see a sliding Scout as a team-colored blur.

Neutral:

The slide does not go through solid objects or walls.

Baseballs can only be used by the Scout that threw them.

The Scout must have a direct line of sight to the baseball to be able to slide.

The slide has a limited range, shown when you throw the baseball in the same way as when constructing a Sentry.

-:
The baseball lasts only ten seconds before disappearing.

The baseball is destroyed in one hit from any weapon. Sentries that can see the baseball will immediately destroy it once it lands, without being distracted.

The baseball can only be used once, and cannot be picked up once thrown, meaning the Scout can only use it to bypass a Sentry ONCE without having to reload from an ammo source.

---
"Some people think they can outsmart me, hmm, maybe.... *sniff* maybe.... I've yet to meet one that can outsmart bullet." - Heavy Weapons Guy, TF2
#2drifter22Posted 1/2/2009 6:04:15 PM
That idea is imba.

One idea you could use the baseball for would be to use it to distract sentries.

Throw in the baseball into a sentry nest, they get distracted with it for 2 seconds giving you enough time to split.

Would replace the pistol still and in some maps this would be great help to scouts.
---
[ d r i f t ]
#3USTraficantPosted 1/2/2009 6:06:22 PM
I support this idea, but only if the Heavy can eat the dropped baseball like a Sandvich for 20 HP.
---
Making buffers, running blots
Who runs the blots? We run the blots
#4space phonicPosted 1/2/2009 6:13:49 PM
Totally OP. You can use it to either bypass a sentry or distract a sentry. If it's in range simply throw it ahead of you then get close to the sentry while it shoots at the ball and circle strafe. Since most intel rooms have some kind of ammo box somewhere nearby, you can just grab another baseball and do it over again as you leave.
---
I am a Gamebreaker. If it seems like I'm playing it wrong, it's only because I'm trying to find a better way to play.
#5Timrod(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2009 6:14:58 PM
drifter22: Notice the part where I said that sentries that can see a baseball on the ground will immediately destroy it without being distracted. It would essentially send a pulse out that destroys baseballs.
---
"Some people think they can outsmart me, hmm, maybe.... *sniff* maybe.... I've yet to meet one that can outsmart bullet." - Heavy Weapons Guy, TF2
#6littleGreenGuyPosted 1/2/2009 7:44:01 PM
How about the ball just explodes at the end of the slide?
#7Agent_KoopaPosted 1/2/2009 7:47:39 PM
The only overpowered thing I can think of is a Scout tossing the ball at the control point while circlestrafing it. But even then he only gets one and the range can be easily tweaked. I don't like "once-per-life" ideas; they seem like an annoyance to the player more than anything else.
---
"Watch out for muscular chefs." - Riosan
#8Agent_KoopaPosted 1/2/2009 7:48:57 PM
Also, sentries sending out baseball-destroying pulses makes absolutely no sense at all and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking of it. Just let the baseball sit there. Worst-case scenario the Scout dashes at it and is immediately shot down by the sentry.
---
"Watch out for muscular chefs." - Riosan
#9littleGreenGuyPosted 1/2/2009 7:49:38 PM
Also, how about when the Scout switches his weapon when the ball is out the ball automatically destroys?
#10USTraficantPosted 1/2/2009 10:10:57 PM
I still find my idea of getting rid of the baseball to be the most appropriate.
---
Making buffers, running blots
Who runs the blots? We run the blots