This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how do you change weapon seen as spy

#1savageracoonPosted 2/25/2009 11:07:20 AM
q doesnt work
#2SeanirlPosted 2/25/2009 11:12:49 AM
You READ THE ****ING PATCH NOTES :O

Seriously >_>
---
"The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile: someone else in this world was suffering more than I." - Kain
#3savageracoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2009 11:13:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4savageracoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2009 11:13:55 AM
no u, just tell me ffs
#5pikmintaroPosted 2/25/2009 11:18:28 AM
It says when you press the switch to last weapon key then it changes it but I haven't tried it to see how it works (I guess if you are holding the Spies secondary it will show up as their secondary or something like that.)

---
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1793/pikmintarosignaturecl4.jpg
#6DobbumsPosted 2/25/2009 11:22:20 AM
It doesn't say last weapon at all.

it says last disguise key, originally B.

Try reading it before claiming you have read it.
#7dark kampferPosted 2/25/2009 11:22:47 AM
I can't get it to work either, so if you want a specific weapon as your disguise (demo with sticky launcher) just switch to your second weapon (sapper) and then disguise.
---
Your human mentality screams for vengeance and thrives on the violence that you say you can hardly endure. -Durandal
XBL Gamertag: Delta041
#8SeanirlPosted 2/25/2009 11:30:26 AM
>_<

Spies can now control which weapon the enemy team sees them holding. Hitting the "last disguise" key while disguised updates the disguise to show the Spy's currently held weapon

Or to spell it out in a perfectly understandable fashion, here's a examples :O

1. Disguise as enemy Scout.
2. Pull out Spy melee weapon.
3. Press B.
4. You are now holding the Scout's melee weapon.

Replace Scout with any other class and melee weapon with any other weapon and you should be able to see how it works for any possible combination you desire.

Note: Just switching your Spy weapon doesn't do anything, so feel free to switch back to the knife after pulling out a Bottle/Bat/Medigun/whatever.
---
"The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile: someone else in this world was suffering more than I." - Kain
#9Folka_AlbarkPosted 2/25/2009 12:16:07 PM
When disguising, it will take the weapon you have (slot 1 through 3) and hold the same weapon in your disguise.

So if you disguise with your knife out, your disguise will be holding his melee weapon.
You can switch weapons as much as you want while disguised and it wont switch your disguise's weapon.
To switch your disguise's weapon WITHOUT changing disuises, use your last disguise button (default is B I think) and it will update your disguise with whatever weapons youre currently holding.

As an example:
Spy runs out of spawn undisguise while holding knife
disguises as engy
Disguise is now an engy with his wrench out
Spy switches weapons to magnum
Disguise is STILL wrench engy
Spy presses B for last disguise
Disguise will switch weapon to shotgun without breaking disguise.

a.k.a. dont disguise as pyro with your knife out, its obvious.
#10RainingMetalPosted 2/25/2009 1:17:03 PM
At least this puts the "Last Disguise" command to better use.
---
Wii came, Wii saw, Wii kicked its ass!" - Ghostbusters