This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How exactly do you pick up items?

#1ibage12Posted 1/2/2010 9:52:32 AM
I played this on 360 but the PC is so much better and I'm jut now starting. I see people with other guns and hats and I'm just wondering how to get them? Is it achievements or random throughout the levels?
#2cactusheadPosted 1/2/2010 9:54:36 AM
you walk up to them, you click on them, and your guy actually bends over and picks the weapon up
#3Dante200XPosted 1/2/2010 9:56:58 AM
No you right click them dude.
---
"because im not trying to look smart to win my argument, i have an actual case so i dont need to resort to tactics like that" - FreeIpod
#4Juggernaut_Posted 1/2/2010 9:58:08 AM
http://attrice.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/buzzkill.jpg

You can get the weapons through achievements, crafting or the random drop system. Hats can only be obtained from the random drop system.
#5JTsyoPosted 1/2/2010 9:58:53 AM
You just have to walk over them and they will add to your ammo.

If you want new weapons you either have to unlock them through achievements or wait for a random drop. After you have a few you can try crafting.

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Unlocks#Item_Drop_System
---
Home of the free
Because of the brave
#6DSmaster007Posted 1/2/2010 10:00:11 AM

you walk up to them, you click on them, and your guy actually bends over and picks the weapon up

No you right click them dude.

Don't listen to these trolls.

Anyway congradulations on playing the real Team Fortress 2. To answer your question, you can get them two ways. Weapons you get from getting achievements. When you get enough, you get a weapon. As for hats, you get them randomly, as well as weapons. You have a very small chance of getting hats though, but you should probably get a weapon randomly with in an hour or two of playing. Or a hat maybe. Of course I would have to kill you then (Been playing since September 08, Hats introduced in May, Have not gotten a single hat)
---
Its all fun and killing 'til you run out of ammo