This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone run this on a Mac Mini?

#1zerocustom1989Posted 2/25/2010 11:33:11 AM
Looking at getting a new PC for Graphics design work and I dont feel like switching my work flow from mac to windows. This game is the only reason I boot into windows on my mbp. Anyone with a mac mini care to comment on how well it runs?
---
PSN: Z-Roe
#2timerider4Posted 2/25/2010 11:39:40 AM
It wouldn't run well. Graphics cards on Mac Minis are almost nonexistant. If you want a desktop get an iMac or Mac Pro.
---
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman
Team Fortress 2 Clan: Team Rocket
#3zerocustom1989(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2010 11:41:48 AM
I cant deal with the stupid glossy screen on the imacs and the mac pros are out of my wallet range...

I was reading up on the graphics card and people were saying it should run most pre 2008 games on medium. I know these things aways work out differently in real world practice though.
---
PSN: Z-Roe
#4timerider4Posted 2/25/2010 11:49:07 AM
I use a MBP with Win7 and I can run it with most settings on high at 60fps. A Mac Mini is cheap but it isn't going to perform very well. If you did get one you would probably need the high-end one. But yeah, if you don't really care what it looks like it could probably run it on low. System requirements tend to increase slightly whenever TF2 receives a major update. Some people had slight slowdowns after the Demo vs Soldier update.
---
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman
#5scoots9Posted 2/25/2010 1:59:17 PM

timerider4 posted...
It wouldn't run well. Graphics cards on Mac Minis are almost nonexistant. If you want a desktop get an iMac or Mac Pro.
---

The GPUs in all macs are pretty much non-existant except for the 4850 in the 27" iMac and the optional 4870 in the Mac Pro. But TF2 runs on a toaster so... It'd run, not well, but It'd run.