The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Interesting thing about the gold wrench and using it on different classes.

#1LollybombPosted 7/3/2010 12:44:09 PM
So last night I'm watching a friend play on a randomizer server. They're giving everyone gold wrenches just for fun. I notice something though. Normally when you are on a randomizer server each weapon uses the original owner's hands. That is to say that if you get an ax, it has the pyro's hands attached to it.

When you get a golden wrench however, this does NOT happen. If you are a scout and you get a gold wrench, it uses the scout's hands, and scout's animations, NOT the engineer's. Obviously some of them are messed up. Sniper doesn't hold it right at all, and heavy's hands turn into mutilated stumps.

Rather odd if you ask me.

---
I would, but it violates an axiom I live by.
Never do anything phenomenally stupid.
#2DeepsPrawPosted 7/3/2010 12:56:47 PM
I thought that's how randomizer server's always worked.
---
Justified and Ancient
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be0JuT7qRQo
#3GastroidPosted 7/3/2010 1:01:45 PM
Using weapons modeled and animated for one class generally means that other classes won't really use the weapon correctly.
---
Syroid
#4Lollybomb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2010 1:03:00 PM
I'm digging at something right now using Garry's Mod, I'll go back to TF2 in a short bit to get some screen shots.

---
#5Lollybomb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2010 1:13:02 PM
Never mind. Looks like I'm wrong. Turns out that only the base weapons use the "owner's" hands. Last time I was on a randomizer server nobody ever got any of the unlockable melee. That's why I never noticed it before. Ignore this and I'll close it soon.

---