This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Using a PS3 controller, need help!

#1Sharpshooter105Posted 1/14/2011 10:11:13 AM
I recently bought TF2 for PC and I even got my PC to allow use of a PS3 controller so I could play in a similar fashion to that of the PS3 TF2... But so far the only thing I can do is move with the left analog. So can someone give me directions on how to use a PS3 controller in the same way it is used in TF2 PS3. Thanks in advance.
---
"You might know a lot about genes, but you don't know how good a cigarette tastes in the morning." - Solid Snake
#2Iain121Posted 1/14/2011 10:18:17 AM
Stop right there. Unplug that controller.

Play with mouse and keyboard. You'll thank me later.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Iain12.png
#3TH3_SYNPosted 1/14/2011 10:24:35 AM
Donīt mind the haters...

I play with a 360 controller and make Snipers rage.

Anyways as far as I know you will need either the PS3 controller drivers and / or a program like xpaddler or similar to configure the buttons as the mouse + KB setup.

I only know the 360 controller is the only one with official support in TF2 (and adjusted settings) and most games so I recomend you to buy one, because with the Xpaddler the sensitivity is often awful and wonīt work for many FPS (except CoD, where maybe I canīt outgun them but I can sure knife the whole team twice before they realize where is their "E" key to knife me back)
---
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
#4Sharpshooter105(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2011 10:25:27 AM
Tried it, hate it, need help.
---
"You might know a lot about genes, but you don't know how good a cigarette tastes in the morning." - Solid Snake
#5aak57Posted 1/14/2011 10:27:24 AM
"use the mouse" comment aside....

Download motioninjoy I think it's called. It allows the PS3 controller to emulate an Xbox 360 controller (which is useful for games that automatically support the 360 controller). Then open up the console in TF2 and type "exec 360controller" and you shouldn't have issues.

I believe the command to revert back to KB/M is "exec undo360controller" or something like that.
---
~~a_ak57~~
#6Sharpshooter105(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2011 10:33:55 AM
I've already downloaded a program like that, I just need help matching the button configuration to that of the TF2 for PS3. I try to set up the buttons and I have no ideas what Button 1 is or anything like that.
---
#7aak57Posted 1/14/2011 10:35:24 AM

I've already downloaded a program like that, I just need help matching the button configuration to that of the TF2 for PS3. I try to set up the buttons and I have no ideas what Button 1 is or anything like that.

....If you download the program I mentioned, you don't have to do any of that. You run the program, tell it to emulate a 360 controller and you're done.
---
~~a_ak57~~
#8Paradox_muchPosted 1/14/2011 10:48:19 AM
Use Mouse and Keyboard. Some games are better played with a controller, this one is not.
---
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
"Insert dynamic signature here."
#9jakethenoobPosted 1/14/2011 1:09:02 PM
They think WASD is better than a joystick

HA
---
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998671913
TF2 backpack: http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197998671913
#10Crazyguy105Posted 1/14/2011 1:16:47 PM

TH3_SYN posted...
Donīt mind the haters...

I play with a 360 controller and make Snipers rage.

Anyways as far as I know you will need either the PS3 controller drivers and / or a program like xpaddler or similar to configure the buttons as the mouse + KB setup.

I only know the 360 controller is the only one with official support in TF2 (and adjusted settings) and most games so I recomend you to buy one, because with the Xpaddler the sensitivity is often awful and wonīt work for many FPS (except CoD, where maybe I canīt outgun them but I can sure knife the whole team twice before they realize where is their "E" key to knife me back)
---
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.

So Snipers standing still is the only target you can hit?

And this man says he doesn't need the mouse+keyboard!