This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The server you are trying to connect to is running an older version of the game.

#1Mufufu_MasterPosted 4/18/2011 4:42:53 PM
80/80, exact message. Ahem.

Alright, so my steam just updated and I opened up the game. The server list is pretty screwed up right now, as all my usual servers pop up the above message after a second of loading. Anyone else getting this after the update? The normal main server list is MUCH smaller and has few to no people playing most of the server. Lol Valve. Help?
---
||Call me Mufufu.|| They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Official Kyogre of the Pokemon B/W boards Mufufufufufufu...~
#2Lazy_HaarPosted 4/18/2011 4:44:22 PM
That just means that server hasn't updated with the newest patch yet and you won't be able to play it until they do.
#3Mufufu_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2011 4:47:03 PM(edited)
A lot of servers are quite far behind, then...how long on average does it take for them to update,after an update?
---
||Call me Mufufu.|| They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Official Kyogre of the Pokemon B/W boards Mufufufufufufu...~
#4TimePharaohPosted 4/18/2011 4:55:59 PM
Dur hur something that happens after every update the game has ever had, with an incredibly specific message as to why it won't work.

Y IS IT DOING THIS AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!
#5Lazy_HaarPosted 4/18/2011 4:59:58 PM
No reason to get condescending over it, he just asked a simple question that could be ignored if you didn't like it.

As for when your servers update, it's really all up to whoever's running it, so it could be already done or another week. Just gotta wait and/or play other servers until then.
#6arleasPosted 4/18/2011 5:19:08 PM
How long it takes depends on the size of the update.... the question should be: how long will it take my server's admin to get to it. The answer to that varies by server. If your admins are off doing other things for a while, then you won't see the servers update until much later....Every community should have at least one admin capable of running the update software at all times, but realistically it doesn't always work that way.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://www.tf2newbs.com/hlstatsx/sig-31453-random.png