This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People are already boosting for strange weapon ranks

#1JohnnySeederPosted 6/24/2011 9:03:03 PM
I saw a server where an admin just hovered in the air and spammed rockets at his team. And he shot 30+ rockets a second. He got about 1000 kills in 20 seconds...good going valve.
---
True FPS fans do not like GoldenEye.
#2synthetiksinPosted 6/24/2011 9:09:00 PM
This is happening in ALL the servers?

Oh... No? How about you jump on a better server?
---
PSN - SynthetikSin | XBL - Synthetik Sin | SteamID - SynthetikSin
#3VileaerokPosted 6/24/2011 9:11:03 PM
But... Who cares?

Its just a name change, so its not like it matters. Its not going to make it more valuable when people can just sit in trade servers and kill eachother with them in the first place.
#4JohnnySeeder(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2011 9:17:34 PM
Vileaerok posted...
But... Who cares?

Its just a name change, so its not like it matters. Its not going to make it more valuable when people can just sit in trade servers and kill eachother with them in the first place.

Why do people still think like this? It's the same reason people care about blue text.
---
#5IceMage20Posted 6/24/2011 9:18:32 PM
It just completely defeats the purpose of a kill counter. Now we're gonna have legitimately good players who legitimately have thousands of kills on their weapon, but the majority of people who see it are just gonna assume they were boosted.

Why bother giving out a bragging-rights reward if most people are just gonna cheat at it anyway?
---
Click here to take the idiot test. ~ Glaurungd
^uh i think your link doesnt work, u should learn HMTL ~MooMoo321
#6Shadow EdgePosted 6/24/2011 9:19:59 PM
People still worry about the accuracy of stats in this game? lmao
#7VileaerokPosted 6/24/2011 9:20:21 PM
Well... They are killing people. Granted they are abusing admin rights to do so. But they still are kills.

Legit or not - Its all just numbers and no one cares but the person who owns the thing anyway.

Also what was wrong with my thinking? Who cares?
#8potatochobitPosted 6/24/2011 9:20:36 PM
you think this didnt happen the first day duels were released?

its sad to think that fools spend real money on duel cards to pad their useless stats
---
My website: http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
#9JohnnySeeder(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2011 11:38:45 PM
potatochobit posted...
you think this didnt happen the first day duels were released?

its sad to think that fools spend real money on duel cards to pad their useless stats

No, I didn't say anything about duels. I've seen people boosting that too, one person just switches to the other team and the other wins the duel.

Vileaerok posted...
Well... They are killing people. Granted they are abusing admin rights to do so. But they still are kills.

Legit or not - Its all just numbers and no one cares but the person who owns the thing anyway.

Also what was wrong with my thinking? Who cares?

I know. I'm just saying that Valve shouldn't even bother with junk like this because people just cheat to get it. Duel wins, weapon ranks etc. have no purpose because of this.
---
#10VileaerokPosted 6/24/2011 11:46:03 PM
JohnnySeeder posted...

Ah I see. That happens in every game though. Boosted stats, ranks, levels... Its to be expected that some will ruin the fun of others but that doesn't mean that the others wont have fun with them. Legit kills will be known to you and your friends and maybe people on the same server you play on (if you play on only certain servers).

Within the community there will be some who have more Idle accounts than others but that doesn't mean it ruins the fun for the person who got the hat he was trying to get by crafting.

I just think that people will do what people have always done.