This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Differences Between "Premium" and "Free" players.

#51SuperTatortotsPosted 2/3/2012 9:39:26 AMmessage detail
3riForce posted...
Just started downloading this game after hearing so much about it. I cant believe its free.... how can they afford it? Im still looking for a catch :P

It sold very well back when it cost money. Nowadays, they sell things on the Mann Store which brings out truckloads of money. However, you do not need anything in the Mann Store, ever unless you're looking to uncrate things. Every weapon you can get in the store, you can get in-game normally or by trading. In fact, it's smarter just to do that than buy weapons in the Mann. Store because weapons aren't that valuable compared to their price.

Only thing people really buy is Mann. Crate Keys, but if you have no interest in hats or kill count weapons, it won't affect you.
---
Taters gonna [CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT]
Petition against SOPA here: http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_internet
#52StrahgPosted 2/29/2012 2:43:54 AMmessage detail
I'm glad that average F2P skill levels have increased since the flood.

Once you get through the transition period, it's a win-win; Valve enlarges it's fanbase, players save more money (even if they eventually go Premium).
---
"I'm entitled to my fact."
#53WragePosted 2/29/2012 6:45:39 PMmessage detail
I wonder how many post-free players still bought retail just for the Proof of Purchase. >_>
---
~ Wrage
#54LE_MALEMPosted 4/1/2012 12:42:11 AMmessage detail
Hmmmm !

Hello guys ! I had TF2 F2P for me and my brother ! For me I upgraded premium by buying something from the mann.co (someone helped me do it) but my brother had F2P and updated it retail style (he input a purchase code). When he checked his account, he found the proof of purchase, he could trade but he didn't have the additional 250 item spaces !

Is there some problem in there ?
#55TectonicImprovPosted 4/13/2012 5:23:41 PMmessage detail

Hmmmm !

Hello guys ! I had TF2 F2P for me and my brother ! For me I upgraded premium by buying something from the mann.co (someone helped me do it) but my brother had F2P and updated it retail style (he input a purchase code). When he checked his account, he found the proof of purchase, he could trade but he didn't have the additional 250 item spaces !

Is there some problem in there ?

April Fools.
---
Official Akuroma of the Pokemon Black 2 Boards
Majora's Mask is overrated. People who agree: 14 (PM your opinion, good, or bad.)
#56youraveragenerdPosted 6/28/2012 3:44:01 PMmessage detail
So, if I get a free account, will I not be able to get hat drops?
---
Nintendo, why won't you let me give you my money?
#57The_Mighty_KELPPosted 6/30/2012 3:25:28 PMmessage detail
Requested sticky.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#58Fireworks73Posted 7/15/2012 8:40:39 PMmessage detail
youraveragenerd posted...
So, if I get a free account, will I not be able to get hat drops?

No, the only hats a F2P player can get are achievement hats, usually the Ghastly Gibus (Which I advise against wearing, since it brings with it a well-known stereotype.)
---
This topic is no longer on-rails like a train. It has derailed and is now a submarine with a bunch of open windows.
Times attacked by the Mods: 3
#59m2o03Posted 8/15/2012 5:23:15 PMmessage detail
This is definitely good info for those who didn't know about it.
#60Tails288Posted 10/16/2012 1:42:54 PMmessage detail
m2o03 posted...
This is definitely good info for those who didn't know about it.

Posted on the MvM update.

Weiiiiiird.
---
Reviving PATRATS. Members: 4
Official Emboar of the B/W Boards!